Item Buff Help

FoxWizzy

Reaction score
I have a lot o items with buffs on my map , the ability's ar ok...they apply but i have 1 problem : the buffs do not show in the hero/unit stat
How do i fix this?

Attachments

• Buff.JPG
    Buff.JPG
    65.3 KB · Views: 143

Nenad

~Choco Coronet~ Omnomnom
Reaction score
Not all abilities apply buffs. Only some do, so you would have to either remake your spells or add a dummy unit that will cast a harmless spell on someone (like inner fire). Be aware that buffs do NOT stack if they are off the same base spell. 2 inner fire's won't stack, 2 bloodlust's won't stack etc. Even if you change the buffs x)

Or an even better solution, add an Aura with a buff when the unit acquires the item, and if it drops the item, remove the aura from it (you can stack aura buffs as long as you copy/paste from the original buff )

FoxWizzy

Reaction score
ok...my "item" give's a healing aura i added a custom buff based on Brilliance Aura buff...how do i make it show?

Nenad

~Choco Coronet~ Omnomnom
Reaction score
No no, you actually have to add brilliance aura as an ability to the hero (the item ability brilliance aura) when the hero acquires an item.

Event - Unit picks up item
Condition - Item type of item equal to Sword of a thousand Truths
Actions - Add Brilliance aura to hero manipulating item

That's how it's supposed to be like x)

FoxWizzy

Reaction score
Then whay if i add brilliance aura (to an item) i see the efect on the units and the stat msg (this unit is under...) and the hero dosent have the spell

LotK

Reaction score
Then whay if i add brilliance aura (to an item) i see the efect on the units and the stat msg (this unit is under...) and the hero dosent have the spell

huh? yeah... you got that, whats the question?

Nenad

~Choco Coronet~ Omnomnom
Reaction score
Heroes do not gain item ability spells, even though they might have them via triggers. I was referring to a dummy aura, where you would get your selected buff, which would not do anything but simply show a buff icon with your text as you requested in question one.

A dummy item aura does not show as a skill, it's just there.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.