Item combination question - If need 2 same minor items

Volkof

Reaction score
hello all,

I have an item, where one of its ingredient items require 2 of them. Like its needs 2 Orb of Brutality. How does the trigger go?

Trigger:
  • Merge Valgus Viligance
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Acquires an item
    • Conditions
      • ((Triggering unit) has an item of type Ring of Health) Equal to True
    • <span style="color: red"> ((Triggering unit) has an item of type Orb of Brutility) Equal to True
      • ((Triggering unit) has an item of type Orb of Brutility) Equal to True</span>
      • ((Triggering unit) has an item of type Potion of Endurance) Equal to True
      • ((Triggering unit) has an item of type Arcane Shield) Equal to True
      • ((Triggering unit) has an item of type Valgus Vigilance Reciept) Equal to True
      • Actions
        • Item - Remove (Item carried by (Triggering unit) of type Ring of Health)
    • <span style="color: Red"> Item - Remove (Item carried by (Triggering unit) of type Orb of Brutility)
      • Item - Remove (Item carried by (Triggering unit) of type Orb of Brutility)
    • </span> Item - Remove (Item carried by (Triggering unit) of type Potion of Endurance)
      • Item - Remove (Item carried by (Triggering unit) of type Arcane Shield)
      • Item - Remove (Item carried by (Triggering unit) of type Valgus Vigilance Reciept)
      • Hero - Create Valgus Vigilance and give it to (Triggering unit)
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the origin of (Triggering unit) using Abilities\Spells\Human\Resurrect\ResurrectTarget.mdl
      • Special Effect - Destroy (Last created special effect)

The triger show that the item requires 2 Orb of Brutality. However the Hero receives the item even if he buys only 1 Orb. How do I check if the Hero has 2 Orbs?

Tru_Power22

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
When the unit acquires one of the items, set the custom value of it to one. Then if another is acquired use and If/Then check to set the custom value to two. Then when running the recipe trigger, check to see if the the orb has a custom value of two.

Volkof

Reaction score
When the unit acquires one of the items, set the custom value of it to one. Then if another is acquired use and If/Then check to set the custom value to two. Then when running the recipe trigger, check to see if the the orb has a custom value of two.

How exactly do I do that. How do I check if the Hero already has Orb of Brutality pick another one?

13lade619

is now a game developer :)
Reaction score
hmm.. let me post a trigger of mine:

Trigger:
  • TEMPLATE MULTI
    • Events
    • Conditions
      • Multiple ConditionsAnd - All (Conditions) are true
        • Conditions
          • ((Triggering unit) has an item of type Sobi Mask) Equal to (==) True
    • Actions
      • Do Multiple ActionsFor each (Integer A) from 1 to 6, do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Multiple FunctionsIf (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            • If - Conditions
              • (Item-type of (Item carried by (Hero manipulating item) in slot (Integer A))) Equal to (==) Sobi Mask
            • Then - Actions
              • Set MultipleItemsCheck = (MultipleItemsCheck + 1)
            • Else - Actions
      • Multiple FunctionsIf (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • MultipleItemsCheck Equal to (==) 2
        • Then - Actions
          • Item - Remove (Item carried by (Hero manipulating item) of type Sobi Mask)
          • Hero - Create Ironwood Shaft and give it to (Hero manipulating item)
          • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the origin of (Hero manipulating item) using Abilities\Spells\Items\AIem\AIemTarget.mdl
        • Else - Actions
      • Set MultipleItemsCheck = 0

basically, here's the idea:
you loop through the inventory slots for an item, increasing a counter for each item found equal. if the counter registers 2 or more of the same item, the result is produced.

Volkof

Reaction score
hmm.. let me post a trigger of mine:

Trigger:
  • TEMPLATE MULTI
    • Events
    • Conditions
      • Multiple ConditionsAnd - All (Conditions) are true
        • Conditions
          • ((Triggering unit) has an item of type Sobi Mask) Equal to (==) True
    • Actions
      • Do Multiple ActionsFor each (Integer A) from 1 to 6, do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
            • If - Conditions
              • (Item-type of (Item carried by (Hero manipulating item) in slot (Integer A))) Equal to (==) Sobi Mask
            • Then - Actions
              • Set MultipleItemsCheck = (MultipleItemsCheck + 1)
            • Else - Actions
        • If - Conditions
          • MultipleItemsCheck Equal to (==) 2
        • Then - Actions
          • Hero - Create Ironwood Shaft and give it to (Hero manipulating item)
          • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the origin of (Hero manipulating item) using Abilities\Spells\Items\AIem\AIemTarget.mdl
        • Else - Actions
      • Set MultipleItemsCheck = 0

basically, here's the idea:
you loop through the inventory slots for an item, increasing a counter for each item found equal. if the counter registers 2 or more of the same item, the result is produced.

Hello. Is this MUI?

Volkof

Reaction score
ok I tested it out and the MultipleItemsCheck variable does not mess up when there are multiple units acquiring the items.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.