JASS: Basics of Structs

T

tardface

Okay... I get to step one before crashing down completely.

When I create a struct, all I get is nasty errors. Expected end of line errors, actually.
Code:
               <- THERE
struct dasd    <- and THERE
endstruct

It says nothing about syntax errors or anything, it's just the basic game compilator that whines. It doesn't matter where I place it, same errors everywhere. It's the same with or without the nifty addons.

What am I doing wrong, exactly? Can anyone help, google has failed me :(

T

tardface

I assume that you are using NewGen. You must enable the JassHelper under the JassHelper menu. Also make sure that vJass syntax isn't disabled (same menu).

JassHelper is enabled, vJass syntax isn't disabled. Any other ideas?

I'll try reinstalling warcraft. Hrm hrm.

B

bloodmourne

Huh, im late to follow this thread...
I think i must read from the first...
:smile:

Darthfett

Aerospace/Cybersecurity Software Engineer
Reaction score
Later and later on, this should be the main struct tutorial around here, make it the top tutorial, part it up to Novice, Rookie and Advance. :p

Agreed. Adding more makes it a much better resource, especially for the people like me, who have learned everything your tutorial teaches so far, but haven't found anything higher up.

If you don't want to continue it on into the more advanced stuff, can you link to a tutorial that does?

I think the methods were a very good thing to add in.

All in all, it's an excellent tutorial. Nearly everything was explained clearly, and is the best tutorial I've seen. Easily 5 stars, :thup: :thup:!

Andrewgosu

The Silent Pandaren Helper
Reaction score
Yes, I will try to add on more advanced aspects of structs here as time passes on.

That means, when I have time. :p

Looking for suggestions on what to add, specifically!

Thanks for feedback people!

Vassilev

Reaction score
Can anyone explain what are the advantages and disadvantages of structs over declaring local variables themselves? :eek:

from what I can see in the tutorial: speed in attaching handles and much neater.

Great tutorial btw :thup:

Darthfett

Aerospace/Cybersecurity Software Engineer
Reaction score
Can anyone explain what are the advantages and disadvantages of structs over declaring local variables themselves? :eek:

from what I can see in the tutorial: speed in attaching handles and much neater.

Great tutorial btw :thup:

Structs are easier for attaching, is pretty much it. If you use locals instead of a struct, you have to attach each variable one by one.

SanKakU

Reaction score
If I was a novice, wanting to learn VJASS, I don't think this tutorial would help
me too much with information regarding structs.

I think there is some small things that are missing though.
The tutorial is good, anyway.

well i am, and i can assure you that he is correct! i've reread the tutorial like 5 times and i still don't get it.

decored

Reaction score
Can you list out various struct function liks create(),Destroy etc... when passing variables or creating....

smexy_LOLrus

Reaction score
Wow great tutorial. Ive got a bit of backround in objects so structs are pretty easy but this just seemed like a really simple and informative tut. i applaud you

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Using cohadar's ABC is fine but the Local Handle Vars are broken and thus should be removed from the tutorial.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.