JASS stands for?

Sooda

Diversity enchants
Reaction score
dvddemystified.com said:
And the official answer is? "Nothing." The original acronym came from "digital video disc." Some members of the DVD Forum (see 6.1) tried to express that DVD goes far beyond video by retrofitting the painfully contorted phrase "digital versatile disc," but this has never been officially accepted by the DVD Forum as a whole. The DVD Forum decreed in 1999 that DVD, as an international standard, is simply three letters. After all, how many people ask what VHS stands for? (Guess what, no one agrees on that one either.)
haha, gotcha Überplayer.

Reaction score
That was my chemistry teacher! He said that! Don't blame me! Shich shich!

Waaaaagh

I lost all my rep and my title being a jerk
Reaction score
Actually, according to (common.j or blizzard.j or one of those), the language is actually 'JASS 2'.

Explain that.

PurgeandFire

zxcvmkgdfg
Reaction score
@SFilip: Yea, that's what I thought.

He is completely right. This came up at Wc3Campaigns, and it was decided that this was the correct answer. This is really a mystery, but, since I first saw the acronym JASS, the JA popped out as Just Another. SS is really what is up for debate.

Dude, if SS is a debate you can't say it is completely right. After all, JA can stand for many things. Really, JA and SS is really both a debate. I don't care who the heck states it means "Just Another" (Unless it is the creators who say that), it is still a mystery.

Actually, according to (common.j or blizzard.j or one of those), the language is actually 'JASS 2'.

Explain that.

Where did you find that? Well, erm.. Then it probably just an enhanced Starcraft JASS.

I'm pretty sure JASS was not used in Starcraft.

Did you play/even own a Starcraft. :rolleyes:

I don't but I kind of am interested. :D

Chocobo

White-Flower
Reaction score
JASS is used in Starcraft as said SFilip.

To prove the JASS2 thing (War3x.mpq\Scripts\Blizzard.j :

Code:
//===========================================================================
// Blizzard.j ( define [B][U]Jass2[/U][/B] functions that need to be in every map script )
//===========================================================================

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
> Explain that.
If phyrex1an is wrong then I'd assume "Jass1" was used in the beta. Or alpha (Blizzard people only).
This makes sense since BLP files in Wc3 are actually BLP1 while the ones from the beta were BLP0.

PurgeandFire

zxcvmkgdfg
Reaction score
Oh... Lol... How do you know these stuff? :p

Anyways, I don't think many people on SC2 will know what JASS means, well, in his area of work.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.