System Knockback System v1

notsoexpert

Reaction score
...right, well. Thanks, heres the SS and the replay. Not entirely sure what happened, but at least you can see how odd I play using a laptop touchpad.

Attachments

• ErrSS.jpg
    ErrSS.jpg
    168.7 KB · Views: 324
  • LastReplay.w3g
    10.9 KB · Views: 259

emjlr3

Change can be a good thing
Reaction score
did u modigy the test map at all, and if so, could you upload that as well please?

notsoexpert

Reaction score
No, the screenshot and replay are from directly after I downloaded the map and messed around on it. :(

EDIT: I mean, I didn't even open the map in WE, I just ran WCIII and played the map.

RoarMan

Reaction score
Me being the noob that I am must ask, could I give a unit (e.g a Orc Grunt) it's own mass (e.g 200) so that all the Grunts that spawn have 200 mass. I ask this because I'm a little confused to how this work. Also, is KS_UnitMass a variable that each unit has or is just one variable that I have to duplicate to give to other units.

emjlr3

Reaction score
every unit has its own mass, stored as

KS_UnitMass[GetUnitIndex(unit)]

I really need to update this :(

right now this does not have the functionality to give every new unit of a type a given mass, though that is a neat idea for an addon

RoarMan

Reaction score
So if there was a Grunt and a Peon, I could make them have different masses, just that if I were to create another Grunt I'd have to set his mass again. Also, I saw that your demo used the variable Hero for the knockback trigger, is it a bad idea to assign the variable Hero to 2 different units? For exampe a footman and a peasant in game having the same variable Hero, I found it still makes the trigger, just wondering if it will be inconvenient later on.

RoarMan

Reaction score
Also I just have to throw in, is it possible for one spell to give knockback that the enemy can fight and another spell that has knockback where the enemy is just, knock backed.

emjlr3

Reaction score
Hero is a global variable I assign to the testing hero in my demo maps, it can only be one unit

it is possible to knockback enemies which they can fight against, however, this system does not over that functionality

hell_knight

Playing WoW
Reaction score
have fun making this in GUI....

Not as hard as you make it sound.
A periodic unit group that picks all the unit in a knock back group , and moves it to an offset of what its at right now. You could store knockback real in custom value or in an array with a GUI MUI system. The trigger that put the unit in the group in the first place can remove it after a given time.

Goodjob +rep fairly useful

emjlr3

Reaction score
bah i really need to clean this up and fix the bugs...

emjlr3

Reaction score
updated!!

should actually work as intended now

RoarMan

Reaction score
Me being a big JASS is having me some problems. While I got bash and things like stomp to knock back fine, I was trying to make it bash with shockwave and now am having big problems :/. I was first trying a dummy which would be created and run straight forward, and it was supposed to bash people but that didn't work very well. Can you help me out?

emjlr3

Reaction score
running a dummy unit forward, and registering units who come in range should work fine, post your code

RoarMan

Reaction score
Yeah your trick worked. I made a dummy unit just run in a line in front of a caster grabbing enemies into a group and such. Thanks for the tip. (Late post cause it took me a while.)

saw792

Is known to say things. That is all.
Reaction score
@Igor_Z

1. Impossible to make this exact sytem in GUI
2. You don't need to understand JASS to use it.

Igor_Z

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Hmm i rly need this in GUI. But i'll try something like coping everything in JASS :D

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.