Last question about the marine tower

MissKerrigan

Reaction score
Hi there,

I have 1 more question about the marine tower I make
I gave the scv the ability to build the marine tower and set the speed of the marine to 0, this works fine

But when I give the marine a footprint of 1x1, something is messed up with the facing angle, the marine can't turn anymore!

Does somebody know what I'm talking about here?

MissKerrigan

Dave312

Censored for your safe viewing
Reaction score
The only data method to solve this type of issue is to give the unit a turret. But this won't work in this case because the Marine model doesn't have a turret bone (they determine which axis the marine rotates around). So instead when can just use a trigger to get the marine to face its attacker:

Trigger:
  • Marine Attack
    • Events
      • Unit - Any Unit is attacked
    • Local Variables
    • Conditions
      • (Unit type of (Attacking Unit)) == Marine
    • Actions
      • Unit - Make (Attacking Unit) face (Position of (Triggering unit)) over 0.0 seconds

Make sure you also change the Stats: Arc property to 360 on the marines weapon so he can attack at targets in any direction.

MissKerrigan

Reaction score
Can't make an event 'Any Unit is attacked because the marine can't fire if it can't turn arround

Dave312

Censored for your safe viewing
Reaction score
You need to change the Stats: Arc property to 360 on the towers weapon (this makes the tower not have face face the target to attack it. . You should also make sure that the Turnable flag is checked under the Unit: Flags + property on the tower unit.

MissKerrigan

Reaction score
omg already got it! SO EASY

Just add a footprint (placement) for it and not a normal footprint

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.