Like the new Protoss?

FhelZone

Have a drink of a nice cold mellowberry juice!
Reaction score
I just like how versatile the protoss in SC2. It goes like they could easily go in a massive army with the Warp Gate which can instantly summon units in the field with the pylon aura thing. Guess you could instantly summon within the battlefield with the deploying spacecraft thing. Though didn't the photon cannon just got a whole lot easier to destroy (Hate the new photon cannon projectile :p)

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
Yeah, but you have to be careful. If you just tech to warp gates the enemy could be massing their army and attack you before you get them. That happened to me a few times.

EpicFlux

Reaction score
Yeah it takes a good balance to use Warp Gates in a timely manner. With the nerf to the tech time, being overwhlemed is a strong possiblily now before getting your Warp Gate out. I ussually have 3 gateways before I tech it and I am constantly making units and building more gateways at the same time. Patience is a must :D

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
A good way to get Gates up fast is to constantly Chrono Boost your Cyber Core. It still seems to take forever, but any speed gain is good.

Rapmaster

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Hmm for some reason I never thought of chronoboosting upgrades, I was only using it for unit making!

This changes everything.

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
Hmm for some reason I never thought of chronoboosting upgrades, I was only using it for unit making!

This changes everything.

Yeah. It still seems to take forever, but even that 20 seconds can be crucial ;) Also, if you chrono boost the Gateways while they're changing, they only take 5 seconds to turn into Warpgates ;) And if you immediately spawn units, the chono boost has enough time left to extend to regeneration thus making the next set come that much faster! :thup:

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
I dislike double posting, but considering no one would read this if I didn't, here I am :(

Anyways, I found that Protoss have a very weak anti-muta defense. You could argue Sentries, but they can easily be sniped seeing as how slow they move. Stalkers? Psh, snipeable with their CD on Blink.

Psi Storm is easy to dodge. Corsair replacement (Phoenixes) aren't particularly good atm. Carriers cost much too much to be a solid counter. Mothership also costs much higher and can only do anything for up to 20 seconds.

All in all, the only part atm that really gets me down on Protoss is the anti-muta.

Builder Bob

Live free or don't
Reaction score
All in all, the only part atm that really gets me down on Protoss is the anti-muta.

I've had some success with an early Sentry/Zealot combo. Mass enough of them and they can stop a large variety of what Zerg can throw on you. Use force fields vs lings and roaches. Shield vs anything ranged. If he goes muta, then you can easily hold them off while adjusting to the situation.

You can also upgrade Hallucination for the Sentriesand make fakes of any unit and really throw the Zerg off his game. He'll start trying to counter what you show him, and you can exploit that. Expand, tech something different, or just overpower him with your Zealot/Sentry army.

It's a good opening that gives you a lot of options.

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
I thought Stalkers are "Dragoons + Upgraded Technology + New Battle.net"...

Joker(Div)

Always Here..
Reaction score
Stalkers are like mechanical templars or something. Dragoons -> Immortals. In terms of gameplay, Stalkers do replace dragoons.

jhnam95

Reaction score
It's all about the force fields for me. It's the most efficient way to block off ling rushes :)

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
I miss the reavers, and the AA with splash (well maybe the mothership has some, but that's not really spammable)

BANANAMAN

Resident Star Battle Expert.
Reaction score
Colossus are more useful in my opinion since the Reaver in broodwar was a clunky piece of firepower which required shuttles to be used effectively.Colossus were almost designed with base harassing in mind.

Nah, man. Chronoboost is where it's at ;)

Definitely.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.