Locked .w3x file? Please help!

Bennittow

Reaction score
I searched for this in the forums but couldn't find it.

I am almost done with my map and i need to run some tests. So i was going to save it on my usb drive and take it to a computer cafe to try on another computer.

But my map doesn't show up in the Programs/WarcraftIII/Maps/Download folder.

When in World Editor, clicking Open the map will be there but it's icon has a lock on it. What is that lock and how do i change this?

Thank you!

PurgeandFire

zxcvmkgdfg
Reaction score
The lock means that you don't have the proper permissions. In a lot of computer cafes, they'll lock the files that are under "Program Files". You have to perform the actions as administrator.

See if you can get permissions for it somehow. Try right clicking Warcraft III and run as administrator.

Otherwise, make sure your map name isn't too long. Sometimes the maps won't show up if the map title/file name is too long (I forget which). Good luck.

Imp Midna

Reaction score
As far as i know, warcraft 3 does an amazing job at making good for missing registry keys. You might just copy the whole warcraft 3 folder (including world editor, maps and all that stuff) onto the desktop (where you usually have rights to access stuff) and try to run it from there.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.