Lots of (Trigger) Questions and Problems: Sort of new game mode

Prozix

Reaction score
Well hello everyone this is my first post... yay
I am working on a map that gives a fresh twist to the game (not really).
I am now trying to explain how I would like it to work:
-There is a map with 2 to 4 players [works]

-There is an infinite gold mine and trees with 5000 HP [works

-30 secs before the assault all players are warned to set their units in a good position [works

every five minutes there will be launched a creep attack to all players
BUT the units of a player have to be positioned and cant be moved during the assault (first real problem):
- - Make All Player Owned units unmovable [not working (i tried this:
Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units owned by Player 2 (Blue)) and do (Unit - Set (Picked unit) movement speed to 0.00) but it isn't working)]
- - Creeps are issued to go to the center of a region near a players base (not to player 4 if there is no player 4) [not working: they move there instantly]
Note I add every creep to a specific unit group making them more controllable: Unit Group - Add (Last created unit) to RedCreep
- - If they are attacked during their fancy walk they have to stop moving to the players base and attack the unit that is attacking the creep. [doesn't work yet, don't know fully how to accomplish this either]
- - Untill all creeps are killed the player owned units still dont have to be able to move [not done yet]

-The timers must be restarted (including recreating the timer windows) [doesn't work because it doesn't knows when the assault is over]

-The creep number and/or level have to be increased [not done yet, not to hard (variables are fun)]

-The units must be able to move again [doesn't work because it doesn't knows when the assault is over]

I have been working on this map and I think I might just post it to give you an better idea how it (not) works (yet) and how some of you might be able to help me.

Yeah im going to post it "D

Attachments

• Melee - no shizzle.w3x
    50.4 KB · Views: 85
F

FViral

To fix your movement speed problem, try setting the minimum move speed value in the Gameplay Constants (under the advanced tab) to 0. It has a default value so that every unit can move no matter how many slowing debuffs try to immobilize it.

To have the creeps attack only playing players, just use the PlayerSlot = Is Playing condition, if that's true then order the units. You can even put this condition into a for loop to quickly do this for all players.

As for the unit attacking, try using the Attack-Move order, I think it exists in the GUI. It should have the units attack anything on their way to the destination. Otherwise try the Patrol command, you would just have to have them stop once they get there.

You can probably detect when an assault is over by either a time limit, or when all your unit groups for the creeps are empty.

Happy coding!

Exfyre

hmm...
Reaction score
This might work. and it's simple.
Code:
STOP MOVIN
    Events
        Time - Elapsed game time is 120.00 seconds
    Conditions
    Actions
        Cinematic - Disable user control for (All players controlled by a User player)

F

FViral

This might work. and it's simple.
Code:
STOP MOVIN
    Events
        Time - Elapsed game time is 120.00 seconds
    Conditions
    Actions
        Cinematic - Disable user control for (All players controlled by a User player)

Neat idea, but I think he wants the player to still be able to select units, chat to other players etc. I wish there was some function that would allow you to chat and select units, w/o interacting with them. He he, now that I think of it, you can just give the units to an allied computer controlled player with shared vision.

Prozix

Reaction score
I am currently at school but i think i fixed the move thing in the game constants like F viral said. But you can only change it to 1 not to 0 but won't be a very big difference. I am currently thinking about a leaderboard having the number of creeps left to be killed per player on it.

+ I made the player able to move again after he killed his corresponding creeps.
After all creeps are killed everyone is able to move again (ofcourse) and the a new timer is started

edit: and i don't want the player to be disabled because they have to attack the creeps.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.