making the maximum lvl 100/saving the level of our char. and loading in next time

sirjasalot

Reaction score
Hi all i want to make the maximum level in my map 100 or more. I would also want to be able to let the ppl playing it save their characters level for the next time they play my game. Is it possible i RoC? Thanks ahead.

und34d-rul3

Reaction score
There area lot of tutorials on save/load codes, you can find some if you go to the "WE Tutorials Site" link on the left, and then viewing all the user submitted ones, I think there are multiple save/load code tutorials.

Blackveiled

Formerly, Ban-Lord
Reaction score
I'm not sure if Save/Load systems are possible in RoC.

But you can change the maximum level by going to:

Advanced -> Gameplay Constants -> Hero Maximum Level (make sure you toggle custom settings.)

For save/load systems, I recommend Codemaker, for flexibility, but then again its in JASS.

sirjasalot

Reaction score
Holy! Is there someone on this forum who doesn't know how to help me!? Gee everyone thanks. I know i've been annoying with all my posts but i'm new to all the map macking. Can't believe there's always a solution to my problems. I'm in Heaven!

sirjasalot

Reaction score
i've tried to change hero maximum level but it won't work. I click advance, but then there is no gameplay constants button. what to do then?

sirjasalot

Reaction score
i am using RoC. Does that mean i can't change the maximum level? I have frozen throne here but would i be able to load my RoC map into the TFT builder? It would piss me off though if it were only a feature in TFT. Cause i want to play this map with my bro and other people. Would I be able to make the map in TFT and play it in RoC?

Larcenist

REP: Respect, Envy, Prosperity?
Reaction score
The second you start using TFT-only features WE will safe your map as .w3x rather than .w3m, so unfortunatelly you can't make it in TFT if you're planning on using TFT-only features.

Curo

Why am I still playing this game...?
Reaction score
w3m = map made with RoC editor
w3x = map made with tFT editor

If you make a map with the tFT editor, you cannot play it on RoC. So in order to change the hero maximum level, you will need to use the tFT editor, and thus not be able to play it on RoC.

sirjasalot

Reaction score
because i only have one TFT cd key. I want to be able to play this map with my bro. but something bothers me. some ppl have war 3 custom maps and their units have different models, that they made or took somewhere. why can't I?

trb92

Throwing science at the wall to see what sticks
Reaction score
There is a way to change the max level in RoC:

Since Gameplay Constants is a TFT only feature, here is step-by-step instructions on how to change the maximum level in RoC
  1. Get an MPQ Editor, such as MPQ Master
  2. Create a .txt file named exactly war3mapMisc.txt
  3. Type this into your .txt
    Code:
    [Misc]
    MaxHeroLevel=YourMaxLevel
  4. Save your .txt file
  5. Open your MPQ Editor
  6. Open your map file
  7. Import your war3mapMisc.txt
  8. Exit the MPQ Editor
  9. Your heroes can now go up to the number you put in after MaxHeroLevel=

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.