I have a spell here (base channel)

Trigger:
  • Purify
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Purify
    • Actions
      • Set TempReal = (Facing of (Casting unit))
      • Set TempPoint = (Position of (Casting unit))
      • Set TempPoint2 = (TempPoint offset by 125.00 towards TempReal degrees)
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect at TempPoint2 using Abilities\Spells\Human\HolyBolt\HolyBoltSpecialArt.mdl
      • Special Effect - Destroy (Last created special effect)
      • Unit - Cause (Casting unit) to damage circular area after 0.00 seconds of radius 90.00 at TempPoint2, dealing 75.00 damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_TempPoint2)
      • Set TempPoint2 = (TempPoint offset by 250.00 towards TempReal degrees)
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect at (TempPoint offset by 250.00 towards TempReal degrees) using Abilities\Spells\Human\HolyBolt\HolyBoltSpecialArt.mdl
      • Unit - Cause (Casting unit) to damage circular area after 0.50 seconds of radius 90.00 at TempPoint2, dealing 75.00 damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal
      • Set TempPoint2 = (TempPoint offset by 375.00 towards TempReal degrees)
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect at TempPoint2 using Abilities\Spells\Human\HolyBolt\HolyBoltSpecialArt.mdl
      • Unit - Cause (Casting unit) to damage circular area after 0.50 seconds of radius 90.00 at TempPoint2, dealing 75.00 damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal
      • Set TempPoint2 = (TempPoint offset by 500.00 towards TempReal degrees)

As it is now, it's MUI, but i want to change the spell and i don't know how do i go about doing it. I need each of these special effects to be 0.3 seconds after the last special effect. Now it's a line if you imagine it, since everything goes at the same time. I want it to be First effect+damage, wait, second effect+damage, wait. Can this be done? ^^

Nenad

~Choco Coronet~ Omnomnom
Reaction score
Can you explain the timers to me? I tried them but the spell didn't want to go off at all then >.<

Komaqtion

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Well, just add some wait in it...
Since (Triggering unit) works after wait (Not too long though :p) it'll still work ;)

Trigger:
  • Purify
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set TempReal = (Facing of (Triggering unit))
      • Set TempPoint = (Position of (Triggering unit))
      • Unit - Cause (Casting unit) to damage circular area after 0.00 seconds of radius 90.00 at TempPoint2, dealing 75.00 damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_TempPoint)
      • Wait 0.30 seconds
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect at (TempPoint offset by 250.00 towards TempReal degrees) using Abilities\Spells\Human\HolyBolt\HolyBoltSpecialArt.mdl
      • Wait 0.30 seconds
      • Wait 0.30 seconds

Something like that should work ;)
(Freehanded thoguh :p)

Nenad

~Choco Coronet~ Omnomnom
Reaction score
Tried it, it doesn't work properly:

It mostly shoots off the first two special effects, sometimes the third one, sometimes just one, never four. Here is the trigger as it is now:

Trigger:
  • Purify
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set TempGroup = (Units within 90.00 of TempPoint2 matching (((Matching unit) belongs to an enemy of (Owner of (Casting unit))) Equal to True))
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in TempGroup and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Unit - Cause (Casting unit) to damage (Picked unit), dealing 75.00 damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal
      • Custom script: call DestroyGroup(udg_TempGroup)
      • Wait 0.30 seconds
      • Set TempGroup = (Units within 90.00 of TempPoint2 matching (((Matching unit) belongs to an enemy of (Owner of (Casting unit))) Equal to True))
        • Loop - Actions
          • Unit - Cause (Casting unit) to damage (Picked unit), dealing 75.00 damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal
      • Wait 0.30 seconds
        • Loop - Actions
      • Wait 0.30 seconds
        • Loop - Actions

Komaqtion

Reaction score
Please, use (Triggering unit) instead of (Casting unit) (Shouldn't matter, but still...)

And also, you should set "TempPoint" after each wait, otherwise it'll never be MUI... (Like I did ;))

avalya

Reaction score
Or create 4 different dummies, each with its own version of fan of knives or something, with the casting time set to 0, 0.25, 0.5 and 0.75 for example, you could deal the damage using that instead of triggering it (causing area damage will deal damage to friendly units as well as far as I recall).

Nenad

~Choco Coronet~ Omnomnom
Reaction score
So, tested the first spell again, no dice. It's not MUI but it works (i.e casting the spell twice just stops the effect)

Then i tried avalya's method. I made 4 Identical fan of knives spells with different casting times (0, 0.3, 0.6 and 0.9 seconds) Then i used this trigger:

Trigger:
  • Purify Copy
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set TempReal = (Facing of (Casting unit))
      • Set TempPoint = (Position of (Casting unit))
      • Unit - Create 1 Dummy for (Owner of (Casting unit)) at TempPoint2 facing Default building facing degrees
      • Unit - Add Purify (1) to (Last created unit)
      • Unit - Set level of Purify (1) for (Last created unit) to (Level of Purify for (Casting unit))
      • Unit - Add a 2.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
      • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Night Elf Warden - Fan Of Knives
      • Unit - Create 1 Dummy for (Owner of (Casting unit)) at TempPoint2 facing Default building facing degrees
      • Unit - Add Purify (2) to (Last created unit)
      • Unit - Set level of Purify (2) for (Last created unit) to (Level of Purify for (Casting unit))
      • Unit - Add Purify (3) to (Last created unit)
      • Unit - Set level of Purify (3) for (Last created unit) to (Level of Purify for (Casting unit))
      • Unit - Add Purify (4) to (Last created unit)
      • Unit - Set level of Purify (4) for (Last created unit) to (Level of Purify for (Casting unit))

The first unit spawns and does it's job.

The other units dont spawn (tried spawning a footy, didn't work). Why?

NoobImbaPro

Reaction score
adding a local Integer into arrays?
the jass guys have to tell you how to do crate a local integer variable and use it in arrays.....
because I have no time now to find it :(

Nenad

~Choco Coronet~ Omnomnom
Reaction score
Problem solved. The first cast of Fan of Knives MUST NOT BE instant. 0.01 second cast time and it works like a charm ^^

Edit: It has a lot of startup lag (only first cast). Subsequent casts don't lag at all...

I wonder what's causing the lag (still using the same trigger)

Ayanami

칼리
Reaction score
Problem solved. The first cast of Fan of Knives MUST NOT BE instant. 0.01 second cast time and it works like a charm ^^

Edit: It has a lot of startup lag (only first cast). Subsequent casts don't lag at all...

I wonder what's causing the lag (still using the same trigger)

It lags because you didn't pre-load the ability, Purify (2). By adding this non pre-loaded spell to an unit, it will lag when it's the first time. To prevent lags, just pre-place a dummy unit with all your dummy abilities added to it. Then, in map init, remove the dummy unit.

Nenad

~Choco Coronet~ Omnomnom
Reaction score
Oh wow, i knew i had to preload units ( I usually add and remove them in a remote part of the map over a period of time to minimize the lag) but i didn't know it was abilities as well, thanks! x)

HydraRancher

Truth begins in lies
Reaction score
Please, use (Triggering unit) instead of (Casting unit) (Shouldn't matter, but still...)

I believe it does, I dont think (Casting Unit) can take 0.90 seconds, it breaks between 0.81 and 0.90 somewhere, so it is vital you use (Triggering Unit).

Because of the nature of this spell, you can simply use waits, but Hashtables are nice :).

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.