Making units being able to construct structures from any distance

0cossin77

Yes, I am awesome.
Reaction score
The only way that I know how to do this is to make an ability based off of the "tiny buildings" ability, (ex: tiny barracks), and to make it a unit ability, then change the buildings in the ability to the one you want and edit the casting range to the max. I don't know how helpfull this would be though, because you can only have one of these abilities per unit.

dashival

Reaction score
I know there's a way to get the regular building ability to reach anywhere, I've seen it before. Thanks anyway :)

PS: I have that shirt! =P

Effane

Save/Load Code Tutorial
Reaction score
Trying to think of way to do it.

Somethings I would try if I had the time.

-Set the pathing - collision size to something large. see if that makes them construct further out.

-Make a trigger with Unit Issued an Order Targetting a Point. Then detect the build ability and from there you would have to order the unit to stop and channel then have the building get built over time. (I dont know what the order for building certain buildings is, but that would be awesome to get ahold of)

-Just detect the creation of the building in the map, then if you only have a few units, halt them (Order channel if you need), perform the construction, then your done.

-I think the range of repair has something to do with the way Human units build things. If you increase that, you may be able to get the building to construct much further away.

TheRat

Reaction score
well, instead of having the unit actually build the building, you could make a trigger so that when he uses a certain ability and targets a location, a building appears.

I don't know what that trigger would look like, just a suggestion to look into.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.