Crime Man Arrested for Stealing Own Car in New York, the Bronx

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
A Bronx man arrested in front of his kids for "stealing" his own car is suing the NYPD for $1 million.

Jamieson Prince, 43, says cops swarmed his 2007 GMC Yukon and cuffed him as he prepared to drive his daughters to school on Nov. 11 - even though he had papers proving ownership.

"I told them it was a mixup and proved to them I owned the car, but they wouldn't listen," Prince, a Norwood resident, told the Daily News.

"My little girls saw me arrested over nothing. It was so painful and humiliating."

Last edited:

seph ir oth

Mod'n Dat News Jon
Reaction score
Messed up. Good for him to step up to the plate and sue them for big bucks. There might be a happily-ever-after to this story ;)

Ninja_sheep

Heavy is credit to team!
Reaction score
One million dollars. lol.
He obviously deserves some cash for his troubles. But that's 50k at most.

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
50k is probably all he would get Ninja. The lawyers get the rest :)

Drakethos

Preordered Sc2 ftw!
Reaction score
Though I don't agree with him being arrested, he probably should have notified the police that his car was located if they were the last ones in possession of it.

Dan

The New Helper.Net gives me great Anxiety... o.O;;
Reaction score
yeah i aggree... lol at 1 million dollars...

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
I kinda think that he deserved some sort of compensation from the police at the time when they "lost" it (the amount being the value of the car), but when he just "found" it and "drove off" with it, without telling the police or anything, then he's an idiot who deserved to get arrested - if the police "lost" the car, then it's stolen property, and thus illegal to own -> they should have investigated wtf happened to it

Dinowc

don't expect anything, prepare for everything
Reaction score
why didn't he just sue the NYPD for losing the car?
but yeah, $1M is too much

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.