Mana per Atack and spell

polva

Reaction score
hi everyone

a unit can use mana to atack? (normal atacks)
I want create a tower that need mana to atack and only atack with command (dont randomly atack enemies in sight)
it can be a spell but I dont know how make a projectile... :rolleyes:

I want create a spell with (Inferno+flame strike)
after ground impact create the flames on ground
eg: 100/200/300 damage 1s/2s/3s stun and "x" damage over time in area

I dont know how start... someone can help me?

sorry for any english mistake :banghead:

neo34rd

Reaction score
For the mana per attack spell try using an autocast attack modifying ability such as "Searing Arrows" as for the projectile models just change the Missle Art field for the spell itself.

As for the second spell you need a trigger to fire off either one of the other spells.
Take this for example:
Trigger:
  • Infernal Flamestrike
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Spawns a summoned unit
    • Conditions
      • (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Infernal
    • Actions
      • Unit - Create 1 dummy for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at (Position of (Triggering unit)) facing Default building facing degrees
      • Unit - Add Flame Strike (Infernal Flamstrike) to (Last created unit)
      • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Human Blood Mage - Flame Strike (Position of (Triggering unit))
      • Unit - Add a 1.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)

Just create a dummy when the infernal is spawned. Give the dummy the flamstrike ability and order it to cast flamestrike at the position of the summoned unit.
Remeber to remove the casting time for flamestrike and remove manacosts/give mana to dummies.

EDIT:
I noticed my triggers is not level friendly so here is the level friendly version:
Trigger:
  • Infernal Flamestrike
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Spawns a summoned unit
    • Conditions
      • (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Infernal
    • Actions
      • Custom script: local integer udg_tempInteger
      • Set tempInteger = (Level of Inferno for (Summoning unit))
      • Unit - Create 1 dummy for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at (Position of (Triggering unit)) facing Default building facing degrees
      • Unit - Add Flame Strike (Infernal Flamstrike) to (Last created unit)
      • Unit - Set level of Flame Strike (Infernal Flamstrike) for (Last created unit) to tempInteger
      • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Human Blood Mage - Flame Strike (Position of (Triggering unit))
      • Unit - Add a 1.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)

GFreak45

I didnt slap you, i high 5'd your face.
Reaction score
i would try this:
Trigger:
  • Mana Attack
    • Events
      • A unit is attacked
    • Conditions
      • Unit type of attacking unit is equal to (your unit)
    • Actions
      • If then else
        • If
          • Attacking unit mana greater than or equal to (mana cost per attack)
        • Then
          • Unit - Subtract (mana cost) from attacking unit
        • Else
          • Unit - Order attacking unit to stop

merlinds

Reaction score
i have a trigger like that in my map (for preventing the friendly fire :p), and it only works when i add a "wait" action first, have you tested your trigger Gfreak?? because i dont think it works :p

GFreak45

Reaction score
yes it does... the attack happens before the unit takes damage so stopping it will stop the damage from being dealt, there are a few other ways you could do it, like if the unit has under the minimum mana add the orc burrow ability, then remove it when it gets higher

chukky-jr

Reaction score
i would try this:
Trigger:
  • Mana Attack
    • Events
      • A unit is attacked
    • Conditions
      • Unit type of attacking unit is equal to (your unit)
    • Actions
      • If then else
        • If
          • Attacking unit mana greater than or equal to (mana cost per attack)
        • Then
          • Unit - Subtract (mana cost) from attacking unit
        • Else
          • Unit - Order attacking unit to stop

doesn't it become unprecise? since if you stopped the mana will still be subtracted

GFreak45

Reaction score
no, the mana is subtracted if the unit has the mana, and the attack is stopped if it doesnt

PS. there already is an ability that deals damage to units in the area on the ground after the attack, i think thes the volatile concoction ability on troll batriders, soemthing like that, just attach that and use the mana ability

chukky-jr

Reaction score
no i mean if the unit attacks and he decide to not attack (pressing S), doesn't this will cost him mana? afaik taking the 'Event - unit is damaged' (using another trigger) is more precise than this

GFreak45

Reaction score
no, the mana cost is only when it attacks a unit, only, attack move does not affect it, attack order does not affect it, the action does

constantly spamming s will sap mana, but who on earth would want to sap mana from their own unit, and you NEVER do this in TDs, its just retarded to do it

KaerfNomekop

Swim, fishies. Swim through the veil of steel.
Reaction score
Few people actually stop their attacks after the event fires. In this case I doubt anybody will, and in any case it's still close enough.

GFreak45

Reaction score
in order to have an exact he would need to trigger all cast damage and detect whether the damage dealt is from an attack or cast and that would not be worth an effect like this when you could do something so simple with 98% accuracy

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.