Map lagging people out, host script not working

Dark_Phoenix

Reaction score
My map seems to instantly close the Warcraft III window of people with crappy computers, and the script that is supposed to choose the host as the player "Host" is not working for some reason...can someone download my map and see what's causing this? http://epicwar.com/maps/72869/

YourFace

<span style="color:#9C9C9C;"><strong>Runner Up - T
Reaction score
do you have any actions that include "integer A" that can cause people to disconnect

phyrex1an

Staff Member and irregular helper
Reaction score
Well, if thats the reason why the script isn't working can you dl the map and see what's causing the lag please? :D
No, I can't do that. If you want me to look at the triggers then you have to post them here. But, I guess someone else will take a look anyway :)

I can give you a few hints though.
1. Triggers with (fast) periodic events. Periodic events isn't evil but if you have a slow trigger that fires each .1 second then it's a much bigger problem than a trigger that only fires once.
2. Effects. Lots of effects, especially the fire kind of effects, are a sure path towards lag.
3. Pick every unit with a lot of units or for each integer with a huge span. Paired with a periodic trigger is something to be careful with.
4. Anything else that runs often.

Easiest way, but most time consuming, is to disable each trigger one by one and see when the lag stops. If you use a bit of common sense then you most likely can cut the number of triggers down to just a handful. Eg, a trigger that runs when a unit casts a spell is most likely not causing lag when no units are casting anything.

Dark_Phoenix

Reaction score
Actually by lag what I meant was on Map initilization players are just lagging out - the game window closes without warning...

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.