Map Making/Testing Clan - Clan GS (Recruiting)

ragingspeedhorn

Is a Banned Asshole
Reaction score
So how is it going for the clan? You guys getting bigger and getting some good maps out? Or still only you Sacreligious who deliver all the good stuff? :p

Demonfaze

8 yrs. Hell, it's been a long time.
Reaction score
It's going quite well :)

We aren't only a map making clan, we have things like tournaments where we all get together and play a bunch of maps and just have fun. Every member is active, and there are always people in the channel.

We have a bunch of new maps coming out too, but some of them aren't publicly released yet which is why you can't seem them. However check the map vault for some of our new releases.

Anyways, thanks for asking.

L

LilSniper

We are getting to the point where many of the maps are leaving the beta stage and are ready to be hosted publicly. Personally, I have just recently completed a map, yet it is only a minigame.

I counted them up. Total we have more than this, but since our clan began on October 8th, we have produced 19 maps, which is about 1 map every 4 days on average.

H

heylige

Sorry to come down on you so hard but...

I remember looking at TDG's website and forum after playing a few of their maps, I noticed you guys have nearly the same layout with almost every aspect of your clan. I'm pretty sure TDG has existed a lot longer, so they have all of that first. I know Sacreligious and LilSniper came from Clan TDG, why don't you guys come up with your own information? I looked at both applications on each clan and they are almost exactly the same. Everything from TDG was lifted to GS, why? Its like having if you had an iPod, then you just made it a different color.

L

LilSniper

Thank you for pointing that out. Yes, I do admit there are many similarities with the forums because Sac and I were both heavily influenced by TDG (considering it was such a great clan). I don't want to say that we consciously "stole" their ideas but it isn't like they have a patent on them. In reality, the external appearance of the forums or the content of an application matters little about a clan. What truly defines and comprises a clan is its responsible leaders and loyal and enthusiastic members. Anyways, I'm glad to see people are checking out the forums :cool:

- LilSniper

Demonfaze

Reaction score
Yes, there is far more to GS than what meets the eye. If you ask anyone in GS or TDG, preferably someone who knows both well, they would tell you that the members & management are way different in both clans.

Thanks for checking out the forum though. :)

risen_jihad

Reaction score
Just a question because you're forum didn't blatantly say (or I didn't notice it). Is it possible for me to be, like, half and half in your clan? I'm currently the chieftain of my own clan, but it is not sheerly a mapping clan as your's would be. I was just curious to see if I could browse/post your forum and get input/give input to your clan members, while still being in my own clan?

Demonfaze

Reaction score
We decide everything by a case-by-case basis, so if you sent an application you could include that you would be a member by the forums/privileges/responsibililties, just not in-game, and it would be decided based on your unique situation.

I hope you know though that Clan GS isn't strictly a map making clan, it welcomes helpful testers as well, so don't feel like you "can't" join because you don't map :)

L

LilSniper

Along with mapping and testing, we are also big on just having a great time. For example, tomorrow we are hosting a gaming (non-mapping) tournament. It's at 8:00pm EST in channel Clan GS. Anyone [including non-members] is welcome to come.

risen_jihad

Reaction score
thank you for the fairly speedy reply to the application, and thank you for teh acceptance. I am pl0x_j33bus in my application and on the forum, i just use both names because it was the name before i swapped to pl0x due to many ppl that i no longer talk too still giving me tons of spamming and /f m every time.

L

LilSniper

Yeah, I just set you up as a member on the forums. Just PM me on the Clan GS site and let me know if you want your own personal forum. Remember to provide a name and description in the message.

New_U.S.

ITS OVER 9000!
Reaction score
sounds like a cool clan, the only problem is all the clans have been in like to make this saying come true "clans are just politics for 12 year olds" which make them more annoying then fun :(

L

LilSniper

Well actually, the average age of our clan is about 16, maybe 17.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.