Map Making/Testing Clan - Clan GS (Recruiting)

Demonfaze

8 yrs. Hell, it's been a long time.
Reaction score
Hey, I am recruiting for my Clan GS @ Azeroth, which stands for the Graveyard Shift. :cool:

clangsec2.jpg

Who are we?
We are a 9 month old dedicated map making and testing clan. We work for hours and hours to make our maps the best, staying up all night if we have to (hence the Clan Name). The Graveyard Shift has released over 35 maps and have many more actively in production, including a clan map.

Why us?
Though some other map making clans consist of a random group of mappers, in our clan we strive to achieve a community where helping one another is just as important as helping ourselves. We consistently play each others' maps, and give written, constructive comments to the authors to help improve their maps. We require all potential members to fill out an application to join the clan, which is carefully reviewed and voted upon by our officers, in order to separate those who deserve to be in the clan, and those who don't.

The clan also has a ranking system that goes beyond the BattleNet limitations, giving members different privileges along the way (6 ranks total). Moving up in rank is done person by person: there are no specific "rules," however we guarantee that our members' efforts to further the clan will never go unappreciated.

What if you aren't a mapper?
Not only do we recruit map makers, but we also recruit people who are actively on Warcraft and can help test our maps. While this does not mean "professional" map testers, you need to be able to give comments that have reasons behind them. Keep in mind that if you apply as a tester, you are expected to be more active in-game than if you were a map maker due to different responsibilities.

Though we are a map making clan, we have remained active for months. Our activity is shown through our maps and our forums. Our forums achieved 2,000 posts in its first three weeks. It now has over 35,000 posts. However it has relocated to the Scumedit forums, which has a very promising future. Our old forums can be found at www.clangs.org.

Although GS is active, we do not "require" you to be active. We do NOT want you to have to give up playing DotA, or whatever you play for fun. We do NOT set "deadlines" where people must do work. All we ask is that you are active and will help out others if you want to. Just have fun, make friends, and be active, that's all there is to it.

How to join?
If you are interested in becoming a member of the Graveyard Shift, fill out the application, which can be found here by making a new thread in this forum. After you make the post, Clan GS officers will move the application to a private location so that other members will unable to view it. They will have a discussion, vote on it through a poll, and finally email and/or message (via the forums) you back with the result.

-----------------------

Final Notes:

If any troubles or issues arise within or outside the clan, we will do our best to solve the problem with reason and common sense, addressing every case person to person in order to reach a fair decision.

Well, I realize this post sounds extremely formal to some - but do NOT think we are elitist or anything near that sort. I just wanted to make a good first impression. :D Our members are friendly and willing to help, being carefully chosen through applications. In any case, feel free to post at our forums (here) or stop by channel Clan GS @ Azeroth.

L

LilSniper

Just to add on to the unique ranking system:
While each class has specific privileges, all members are respected the same regardless of a rank. You could compare our clan to a town where each citizen knows the other's name. The GS community is a non-elitist, laidback, yet professional clan. Whether you decide to apply or not, be sure to check out our forums. Enjoy.

- LilSniper

L

LilSniper

Twenty-three responses to "come join map makeing clan" (posted below) but none to ours. How depressing :(

1337_N0o13le

yay finally a non-elitist mapping clan that values playtesters like me!

yessir i am interested. ill be sure to register on that site. thanks a bunch

BlueSin

Reaction score
Twenty-three responses to "come join map makeing clan" (posted below) but none to ours. How depressing :(

Quality over quantity always; they spelled making wrong anyway.

I'm from Clan CBS @ Northrend. (I noticed raging was a member of your clan too:) ) Unfortunately though, I've taken a break from warcraft since I've started working with flash (see Graphics Forum, thread title Sonic Flash Project). If you want to see a map I've been working on (though it's not complete and I took a break from it) out of curiosity visit freewebs.com/ageofoblivion.

When I resume mapmaking though, I'll be sure to fill out an application (assuming of course you're allowed to be in multiple clans, as with raging). See you guys then. :)

EDIT: By the way I'm experienced with JASS and spellmaking.

L

LilSniper

yay finally a non-elitist mapping clan that values playtesters like me!

yessir i am interested. ill be sure to register on that site. thanks a bunch
:nuts: Enthusiasm none-the-less lol.

Quality over quantity always; they spelled making wrong anyway.

I'm from Clan CBS @ Northrend. (I noticed raging was a member of your clan too ) Unfortunately though, I've taken a break from warcraft since I've started working with flash (see Graphics Forum, thread title Sonic Flash Project). If you want to see a map I've been working on (though it's not complete and I took a break from it) out of curiosity visit freewebs.com/ageofoblivion.

When I resume mapmaking though, I'll be sure to fill out an application (assuming of course you're allowed to be in multiple clans, as with raging). See you guys then.

EDIT: By the way I'm experienced with JASS and spellmaking.
Alright, cool man, it's nice to know that someone respects professionalism. Unfortunately, we don't really accept people that are loyal to multiple clans. Ragingspeedhorn was the shaman of Clan CBS so I made an exception. However, our chieftan got somewhat angry with my actions as they were percieved as irresponsible and unfair. Most likely, he will be removed soon. Sorry for the misconvenience and confusion.

- LilSniper

S

Solidarity

I might be able to help, but I'm very busy with Legends III atm. If I could get any help with that, I can terrain/trigger for GS stuff.

L

LilSniper

ragingspeedhorn said:
Hey then I will have no channel to idle in :eek:
I know you and BlueSin are both exceptional map-makers, but I hope you guys understand that it would not follow the principals of The Graveyard Shift. Our clan represents mapping/testing experience along with loyalty and devotion. I believe being in multiple clans would establish a negative reputation for both our clans.

solidarity said:
I might be able to help, but I'm very busy with Legends III atm. If I could get any help with that, I can terrain/trigger for GS stuff.
Thanks man. Yessir, we have an active playtesting group in our clan (myself included) along with a specific forum for map suggestions and fixes. Be sure to check out our forum at www.clangs.org. Whenever you get a chance, fill out an application, and it would be great to have you on board.

InfectedWithDrew

I used to go here a lot.
Reaction score
If you guys are not uber strict about how active we are, then I am really interested, because I've been looking for a mapmaking clan.

Demonfaze

8 yrs. Hell, it's been a long time.
Reaction score
We like people to be active, but our rules on inactivity are pretty lenient.

3 weeks of unexcused inactivity = possible kick, meaning it still would have to be decided on. Also, this means if you have any excuse for being inactive (like going on a trip or something), then that doesn't count towards "inactivity time"! Just make sure to tell somebody before you go. :)

L

LilSniper

Overall, I would say that our activity rate is extremely high. On weekdays, probably about half the members log onto BNet througout the day, and the majority post on the forums. Weekends, especially Friday, now that’s a different story... Usually there are about ten people on the forums, while another twelve or so (members and non-members) are in the channel ready to test and/or play something.
Our clan is fairly new and we have about 30 members so I would say we are doing pretty well.

- LilSniper

L

LilSniper

Just to comment on the activity of the forum, we get an average of approximately 100 posts a day, about 50/day on Sunday to Thursday and 200/day on Friday and Saturday. So register and post!

- LilSniper

Miz

Administrator
Reaction score
Clan VoF

Map Making Clan and Map Testing Clan
Clan VoF I'm a shaman we have 4 games coming out soon :D

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.