Map Protection

eric92

Reaction score
I finnished my map, and I want to protect it so people cant open it in the editor and ruin the game. How can I do this?

LiVam

Reaction score
I finnished my map, and I want to protect it so people cant open it in the editor and ruin the game. How can I do this?

Google it ;)

Vexorians Map Optimizer is one choice. There are quite a few other ones aswell. Just pick one!

eric92

Reaction score
I used vexorians map optimizer to protect my map, and it worked I cant open it in the editor but I cant find it when i start warcraft3. I went to single player then custom game and looked in every folder. I cant find the map so i cant play it... So I left wc3, opened my maps folder and looked in downloads where I put it and there it was.
Why cant I find it when I play wc3?

When vexorians optimizer is done it changes the .w3x to .w3x.j that might be part of the problame.

punwisp

Reaction score
You do realize when you protect the map, you make a copy, because the point of the map is pple cant open it, including you... Thats why you make a backup coppy.

eric92

Reaction score
I have back up copys, but dude, I cant find the protected game when i play wc3. I see all the back up copys but not the protected one.

Ok ill shorten it to see what it does.

FhelZone

Have a drink of a nice cold mellowberry juice!
Reaction score
Haha bet you didn't put it on your "Maps" folder.

eric92

Reaction score
I got it to work. I clicked the box that crashes wc3 when you try to open it in the editor. But thank you evory one.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.