Map Testing

Knights

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
How are we supposed to test maps on BNet (publicly)? First off, the only way I see this to be possible is to actually publish the map, which if you are testing is quite stupid, as it is likely buggy and unfinished, NOT ready to be published. Secondly, when you publish your map publicly, you are so far at the bottom of the list that you can't get anyone to join anyways!

WC3 made it much easier, even with how dead it is today I can still go and get 2-3 good testers in a game with me, but not with SC2 aparently...

Is there an easier way? Or am I just going to have to try to get a bunch of friends on to do it?

Knights

Reaction score
Privately published maps can only be seen by people you invite, and only you can host it. Basically you need to have a bunch of people on your friends list guarenteed to be on at a certain time to get a good private test run, but I'd rather do public tests.. Aparently not without publishing it lol. Oh well it will never get to the top anyways with this popularity system...

Teach101

Reaction score
Yeah friends. Some how I am making friends super fast in sc2. Kinda weird really, but any who, there is a option on the filter to see newest games, but atm most people don't care about newest games, because they are all new. It should get better over time.

Knights

Reaction score
Funny thing is that my map is on like page 5-6 just because it has the word "ORPG" in it...it's SO not even close to being finished that its not even funny...I dislike releasing something in this state, simply for testing purposes, but I guess thats what anybody does for beta testing.

Anyways, thanks.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.