Map Translation (Not the expected question)

bobby5589

Reaction score
I think what most would assume when reading the title is I'd be asking how to translate a map, but that's not it.

What I seem to need help with is the difference between korean and english wc3. A friend of mine got a newer ver of March of Fortune ORPG with still uses the korean commands rather then english ones. When I tried to import a translated war3map.j file to the map it just becomes corrupted.

I've tried two things already. One was to leave the extra korean as is and save with a program that was able to save it. Two was to open it in JASScraft and let the korean become jumbled because you can't read it in wc3 anyways. My next step is going to be to try to translate all the korean, but I'm not sure if its going to work.

If you guys have any idea why replacing the maps .j corrupts it in this situation I would love to know.

[note]
Wasn't sure if this fell under the JASS section or not. If so, please move it if need be. Also didn't think someone asked something like this before (as noticeable from above I've seen "the expected question" before).

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
Replacing .j's can corrupt because of differences between the replaced and replacing files. You'd have to take the .j that came with the map and translate the strings then put it back in.

bobby5589

Reaction score
Ok so I started fresh and extracted the .j file and then imported the same exact .j file and it corrupted it, so I believe its the mpq extraction program I used.

I used Ladik's MPQ Editor(still pending) from off the hive because it is the only one I found to be able to open the file. (I normally use MPQmaster)

So if anyone knows of another mpq editor that might work please let me know. (tryed every one from on the hive)

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
Try MPQMaster. That's what I use. It hasn't ever failed me in anything before.

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
Should have stated that earlier :p Hmm.

Does it crash on startup or when you open the map?

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
Just because it crashes doesn't mean we can't find out why and fix it. -_-'

Have you tried redownloading the latest MPQMaster?

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
Strange. I have 1.2.0 build 36.

I've actually never had mine crash. Maybe something different between the versions causes this?

bobby5589

Reaction score
Nope, I when and got 1.2.0 build 36 off the hive and it still crashes. I seems to be something with the mpq editor not being able to open forein maps.

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
Well, if it's protected, I don't think it'll be possible to translate it :-/ Because the checksum changes when you export and import the .j >_<

bobby5589

Reaction score
I'ma go bother a few people about the protection thing, but that still doesn't explain MPQmaster crashing.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.