Maphack For SC2 is already Out

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Where'd you hear of this/how do you know it's actually true?

And how do you know people aren't getting banned for it?

overload119

Reaction score
Not a big deal.

Hacking in WC3 isn't that big of an issue, especially in ladder. The same will go for Sc2.

Daskunk

SC2 Forum MVP - TheSkunk #386
Reaction score
Not a big deal.

Hacking in WC3 isn't that big of an issue, especially in ladder. The same will go for Sc2.
Actually, It is kind of a big deal in wc3 now. It just depends on your range of skill how many hackers you meet in ladder.

This hack is no surprise. You can never prevent hacks from being made, you can only protect yourself against them when they appear. I expect blizzard will keep up to date on hacks when the game is launched.

themean

Reaction score
what people can do hacks
that so stupid
cheaters is noobs
people pls stop make hacks (map hack resource hack and...)

Lobster

Old Fogey ofthe site
Reaction score
what people can do hacks
that so stupid
cheaters is noobs
people pls stop make hacks (map hack resource hack and...)

Although i dont like hacks used in game, technically tools like newgen are a hack. If blizzard truly did something to ban all 3rd party programs, many mappers would be unhappy.

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Blizzard needs to do what HoN did. The server only sends data the player should see. For example...the server would only send updated unit object information if they are in line of sight by the enemy player's units.

Im sure they had their reasons for not doing that. For example what about maps that dont have fog of war, the host would have to be sending out a ton of information to all the clients at the sams time and im sure that would increase lag greatly. Though maybe custom maps could work differently.

Im_On_56k

Hm...
Reaction score
Im sure they had their reasons for not doing that. For example what about maps that dont have fog of war, the host would have to be sending out a ton of information to all the clients at the sams time and im sure that would increase lag greatly. Though maybe custom maps could work differently.
The host is already sending that mass amount of information, thus allowing map hacks to work :thdown:

I do hope Blizzard has a reason for doing it this way considering it completely removed map hacks from HoN.

The only thing that would change by only sending data the user should see is the increase strain on the computer that is hosting. I'm sure this is no problem for Blizzard servers. It would even reduce bandwidth considering you are sending less information.

phyrex1an

Staff Member and irregular helper
Reaction score
The host is already sending that mass amount of information, thus allowing map hacks to work :thdown:

I do hope Blizzard has a reason for doing it this way considering it completely removed map hacks from HoN.

The only thing that would change by only sending data the user should see is the increase strain on the computer that is hosting. I'm sure this is no problem for Blizzard servers. It would even reduce bandwidth considering you are sending less information.
Not really. Currently, wc3 (and probably sc2 too) only sends informations about the actions a player is doing, some extra stuff related to a few jass natives, and checksums of the complete gamestate. In total, this equals pretty much nothing. Compare that with sending (and syncing) the exact position of hundreds of units. I guess you could do some mixture between the two, eg only send player actions related to units the other player can see and fill in the rest of the information that can't be rebuild for that info alone. Though, that code would be kinda complex I think.

In HoN there are only a very limited amount units in the map at once, nothing compared with a good zerg player can pump out during the first 5 minutes of a game.

BlowingKush

I hit the blunt but the blunt hit me.
Reaction score

I have the link but I don't think I can post it.

Sad, thehelper.net could be an excellent source to find and report hackers to blizzard.
They wont listen to one person, but they would listen to a community.

overload119

Reaction score
This isn't an issue.

It wasn't an issue in WC3, it won't be in SC2.

Before you argue;
I know that WC3 has it's hackers but in general I've only played like 5 games against a hacker out of my 500 games. (I'm talking in the Ladder, not Custom Games - In WC3 there are already map-hack preventatives anyway that can be added to the map)

BlowingKush

I hit the blunt but the blunt hit me.
Reaction score
The reason youve only played 5 is probably becasue you are not very high in ladder. Try becoming a 65% player lvl 35+ and you will find that at least 50% of the players use Zmap.

Daskunk

SC2 Forum MVP - TheSkunk #386
Reaction score
This isn't an issue.

It wasn't an issue in WC3, it won't be in SC2.

Before you argue;
I know that WC3 has it's hackers but in general I've only played like 5 games against a hacker out of my 500 games. (I'm talking in the Ladder, not Custom Games - In WC3 there are already map-hack preventatives anyway that can be added to the map)
Yeah, around 500 games I wouldn't think you would meet very many. They have good enough hacks that they get high in the ladder and fight good people.

Of course, if you won all 500 games you would be at the top, so its possible. When I watch my brother, who has thousands of games, he gets the most hackers in high level of twos + tournaments.

And of course it isn't dominated entirely by hackers, but that doesn't mean it isn't an issue. o_O

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.