Maple Hero Defense (Name May Change)

J

JediMaster13

I working on this hero type defense. I would like some help in editing or beta testing if possible if even if people can submit their ideas. Also since i kinda dunno how to use variables nor do i know how to import or make custom skills (trigger type) and i require some help.

J

Jarwan

for the variable part, read all variable tutorials on this site and test some stuff out, its kinda easy when u get it, rest i cant really answer u about

J

JediMaster13

i read the variable tutorial but i just dont get it maybe its cause i am 13.... hmmm.

J

JediMaster13

one more thing is it possible to trasfer the attribute points of hero when he morphs? Its like this every time a hero levels he gets 5 points (lumber) he then uses it to buy attributes. at lvl 10 he will morph into a more powerful hero with new skills. How to trasfer the random amount of attributes to the new hero that just morphed

Oninuva

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Um Maple hero? Are you basing this off maplestory?

Thanatos_820

Death is Not the End
Reaction score
This is based on Maple Story??? That popular 2D computer game that all the 6th graders talk about all day at my school???

elmstfreddie

The Finglonger
Reaction score
Easily. Just have 3 variables, one for the stregnth of the original hero, one for agility, and one for intelligence. Make em real or integer, whichever one works... Then, set the S A and I of the new hero to the variables!

Heres some triggering...

Code:
Lumber to Stat Ability
    Events
        Unit - A unit Finishes casting an ability
    Conditions
        (Ability being cast) Equal to Add Strength
    Actions
        If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            If - Conditions
                ((Owner of (Casting unit)) Current lumber) Greater than or equal to 1
            Then - Actions
                Player - Set (Owner of (Casting unit)) Current lumber to (((Owner of (Casting unit)) Current lumber) - 1)
                Hero - Modify Strength of (Casting unit): Add 1
                Set HeroStrength[(Player number of (Owner of (Casting unit)))] = (HeroStrength[(Player number of (Owner of (Casting unit)))] + 1)
            Else - Actions
                Game - Display to (Player group((Owner of (Casting unit)))) for 2.00 seconds the text: Not enough stat poi...

OK, so for the variable you will need 3. Agility with an array (if your game will be for 8 players, then have an 8 array) Strength with an array (if your game will be for 8 players, then have 8 array) and same for intelligence. all three of those variables will be integers. Then, make two more copies of that coding and change anything to do with strength to agility, intelligence, etc :)

then the coding for replacing the hero with a new one:
Code:
New Hero Stats
    Events
        Unit - A unit Finishes casting an ability
    Conditions
        (Ability being cast) Equal to Convert to Archmage
    Actions
        Unit - Replace (Casting unit) with a Archmage using The old unit's relative life and mana
        Hero - Modify Strength of (Last replaced unit): Set to HeroStrength[(Player number of (Owner of (Casting unit)))]
        Hero - Modify Agility of (Last replaced unit): Set to HeroAgility[(Player number of (Owner of (Casting unit)))]
        Hero - Modify Intelligence of (Last replaced unit): Set to HeroIntelligence[(Player number of (Owner of (Casting unit)))]

J

JediMaster13

Conversion
Events
Unit - A unit owned by Player 1 (Red) Gains a level
Unit - A unit owned by Player 2 (Blue) Gains a level
Unit - A unit owned by Player 3 (Teal) Gains a level
Unit - A unit owned by Player 4 (Purple) Gains a level
Conditions
(Hero level of (Triggering unit)) Equal to 10
Actions
Set NewHeroType = Footman
Set NewHeroPlayer = (Owner of (Triggering unit))
Set NewHeroPoint = (Position of (Triggering unit))
Set NewHeroFacing = (Facing of (Triggering unit))
For each (Integer A) from 1 to 6, do (Set SavedItems[(Integer A)] = (Item-type of (Item carried by (Triggering unit) in slot (Integer A))))
If ((Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Alex the Just) then do (Set NewHeroType = Alex the Honourary) else do (Do nothing)
If ((Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Evelyn the Keen Eye) then do (Set NewHeroType = Evelyn the Accurate) else do (Do nothing)
If ((Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to TJ the Brave) then do (Set NewHeroType = TJ the Valiant) else do (Do nothing)
If ((Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to ) then do (Set NewHeroType = ) else do (Do nothing)
If (NewHeroType Equal to Footman) then do (Skip remaining actions) else do (Do nothing)
Unit - Remove (Triggering unit) from the game
Unit - Create 1 NewHeroType for NewHeroPlayer at NewHeroPoint facing NewHeroFacing degrees
Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Hold Position
Hero - Make (Triggering player) Heroes gain 35.00% experience from future kills
For each (Integer A) from 1 to 6, do (If (SavedItems[(Integer A)] Not equal to (Item-type of No item)) then do (Hero - Create SavedItems[(Integer A)] and give it to (Last created unit)) else do (Do nothing))
Special Effect - Create a special effect at (Position of (Last created unit)) using Abilities\Spells\Human\ReviveHuman\ReviveHuman.mdl
Special Effect - Create a special effect at (Position of (Last created unit)) using Abilities\Spells\Other\Levelup\Levelupcaster.mdl

I am using this trigger. So how do i modify from here? Also i was planning on using tomes or if maybe a pop up menu that allows one to choose how to add the ability points the way u want! Then i want to trasfer those points to the new hero that replaced the old one

elmstfreddie

The Finglonger
Reaction score
OK, I went through it and pretty much mine is the way to go. Just change the event in my trigger to the hero gains a level or whatever, and the condition to level of triggering unit 10... Then it will work :)
A cheap way of doing it, would be when they reach level 10 they get an ability. then it automatically casts the ability for them, which triggers the conversion. like in mine, but instead of them choosing it its automatic... Or you could use your variable system, it all works out in the end

Anyway, and instead of an ability that upgrades their stats, when they cast an ability it shows a menu... when you click on a certain dialogue button, it does the same actions as in my coding, but it would be different conditions and events of course. Very easy :)

J

JediMaster13

alrite i will try to copy ur trigger now but plz tell me which are variables cause i suck at variables. ALL OF THEM. Apart from the ones u stated as variables are any others variables? (i hope u get wat i was talking about) Oh well lets try then!

J

JediMaster13

oh my god complicated :banghead: If u possible can u make a map (blank) with the trigger u showed me so i can examine it?

elmstfreddie

The Finglonger
Reaction score
There were only 3 variables, HeroStrength[Array 8] HeroAgility[Array 8] and HeroIntelligence[Array 8]

the amount in the array doesn't really matter, as long as it is greater than or equal to the amount of playable people.

In the trigger you will see HeroStrength[Number of Player(Owner of(Triggering Unit))] thats the HeroStrength[array 8] variable. what that is, is the "array" will be the number of the player (red = 1 etc) that triggered it.

To make the variables, choose "integer" Make HeroStrength, HeroAgility, and HeroIntelligence. For all of them, check off the array box and make the number the maximum number of players that can play the game.

If you don't get variables it's not because you're 13, i turned 13 early november :)

PS I only have the trigger in there for the strength add point, just copy that and change anything strength like to agility!
Also, when making the spells make them have all diff base spells. (divine shield, beserk, fan of knives, like those)

J

JediMaster13

so how does my hero morph ? do i have to remove my previous trigger? Or does the trigger u gave me morph my hero as well?

elmstfreddie

The Finglonger
Reaction score
I gave you two triggers, one is the buying of stats, the other is for hero morphing. Although, under actions you may want to add "select last replaced unit" because when you replace a unit it deselects.

Otherwise yeah, I gave you the morphin trigg.

J

JediMaster13

so i have to make duplicates of the 2nd trigger to accompany my amount of units?

elmstfreddie

The Finglonger
Reaction score
Nope, second one is generic, applies to all players. You need 2 duplicates of the first one though, one for strength, one for agility, and one for intelligence. Those are generic too and apply to all players.

J

JediMaster13

ok lets try this way. I go this hero lets say a fighter at lvl 10 he becomes a crusader but then how does he morph. i see onli the replace thing or maybe i shud send u the map?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.