Maps, maps, and more maps?

Status
Not open for further replies.

San-D

Reaction score
We can work together, thats the point of the whole thing - Ull pick something to trigger out, and Ill pick another section to trigger. u can do Abilities, I can do enviornment and stuff

jnZ

I
Reaction score
i could help with advanced (pretty advanced xD) GUI triggers, and terraining if you need help, but iam currenttly working on my own project (bomerman map status finished: 90%)

DiDdY

Reaction score
Yes, and for multiple projects you can be doing different things.

( See PM for more details ).

However, we're still looking for users, and I'll probably set up a new thread soon just to keep things orderly.

Ideas for maps are still welcome, so are sub ideas, themes, genres and we're still on the look out for anyone that can help in the progress, especially someone who can set up a basic communication system for the team.

Great jnZ, welcome to the team, I'll send you a PM shortly.

rover2341

Is riding a roller coaster...Wee!
Reaction score
Count me in

Hmm I am decent at triggering. but when people talk about leaks i don't know what there talking about. so thats about my skill level. But then again i have finished tetris for warcraft using the gui. and am hands deep in a battle train game.

I would like to do a project with a group though. just the idea of it sounds cool. even if its a small project - medium sized project. As long as i know it will get done.

So many projects get started and never get finished. but groups help bring the percent of finished projects up! Doing every piece of a map by your self takes alot of time and then if you want to tweak it to run just right takes even more.

Even my current game i got a some help but. Blah...I spent 3 days straight staying up to 6am working on it and even though the base is done. its got a long ways to go lol.

p.s i hate TERRAINING also. :) so far a terraining guy is only guy currently helping me on my project.

San-D

Reaction score
Actually I found some High-resolution Doodads (Verry realistic) I thought that a custom Enviornment could do a very big impression. And there are some Cstle walls That u can walk on- we could make it like Stronghold, with walls u can station units on

DiDdY

Reaction score
Hmm I am decent at triggering. but when people talk about leaks i don't know what there talking about. so thats about my skill level. But then again i have finished tetris for warcraft using the gui. and am hands deep in a battle train game.

I would like to do a project with a group though. just the idea of it sounds cool. even if its a small project.

So many projects get started and never get finished. but groups help bring the percent of finished projects up! Doing every piece of a map by your self takes alot of time and then if you want to tweak it to run just right takes even more.

Even my current game i got a some help but. Blah...I spent 3 days straight staying up to 6am working on it and even though the base is done. its got a long ways to go lol.

Actually I found some High-resolution Doodads (Verry realistic) I thought that a custom Enviornment could do a very big impression. And there are some Cstle walls That u can walk on- we could make it like Stronghold, with walls u can station units on

Great, count yourself in the team (still looking for a communication system).

Another brilliant idea, we really need to use custom things as well, step away from the 'plain old warcraft' if you see what I mean, but then, still keeping map size and loading time down.

Siretu

Starcraft 2 Editor Moderator
Reaction score
Forgot to PM this but we SO need a terrainer. I can do some basic(like a LTW or stronghold) but nothing fancy for a RPG or AOS.

DiDdY

Reaction score
umm why do u need a forum? but well i think u could take a forum from http://invisionfree.com/ iwe had one on my own from there 2 and its easy to edit:p so i could help u with forum

I mean, a forum for communications/releases/progress/general chitter chat.

And I won't be using invision, it'll definately be SMF.

PS: Siretu, Clear some inbox space!

Siretu

Reaction score
Doublepost sorry. Edit: no diddy came first

"InvisionFree is a free service that provides online communities. While similar to a Chat Room or an Instant Messenger, InvisionFree can be used for long term discussions with a large group of people. You can post a message for others to see even if they are not online at the moment. InvisionFree can be used for friends, clubs, and businesses. InvisionFree could be used to talk about your favorite sport or even a general chat area where people can talk about whatever they want. Not only does InvisionFree provide the best possible environment for online communities, but it is also easy to set up and manage."

Does that mean its a forum? I think it sounds like a great way for us to talk to each other.

jnZ

I
Reaction score
Hmm I am decent at triggering. but when people talk about leaks i don't know what there talking about. so thats about my skill level. But then again i have finished tetris for warcraft using the gui. and am hands deep in a battle train game..

triggering a Multiplayer map without knowing about leak is just uhm... stupid. i expect youd better learn something about leaks and increase your current level.

Siretu

Reaction score
I only got 25 inbox space. Thats why we need a new communication system.
Cleared some for now(Got some important item lists in there that I need to save.)

Siretu

Reaction score
triggering a Multiplayer map without knowing about leak is just uhm... stupid. i expect youd better learn something about leaks and increase your current level.

Yeah, but I know things about leaks. So we'll do fine I guess.

Siretu

Reaction score
Everyone in the project: Please do not spam my inbox too much and post in the thread instead. I still need to know what kind of project it is. Not decided yet?

San-D wants to use Skype and I agree with him(her?) so if you hasn't got a Skype account, try to get one to tomorrow.

Anyways I'll probably be on all day tomorrow.

Bye

Edit: Triplepost ftw?

rover2341

Is riding a roller coaster...Wee!
Reaction score
Ok I would like to learn what a leak is. as far as i knew it had something to do with custom spells but i am most likely way off.

If someone could direct me to a post that has in example. would be great.

San-D

Reaction score
Ok I would like to learn what a leak is. as far as i knew it had something to do with custom spells but i am most likely way off.

If someone could direct me to a post that has in example. would be great.

I will help u with what I can, but were using this thread for a diferent purpose, not general knowedge.... Ill PM U!

jnZ

I
Reaction score
i never used skype and ever tried to avoid it because i just dont like it, dont ask me why, iam currently using miranda (basicly for ICQ and MSN)

OFFTOPIC: someone knows how long it takes to upload a 1.000kb video on youtube? iam uploading my bomberman prebeta video since 15minutes or somethin

DogOfHavoc

Future Tragedy
Reaction score
I'm interested in this project. A group-generated RPG could be great. I really like doing terrain, and I also fancy myself a writer(for background/story/characters). Also I don't think Skype is still free, I could be wrong, but Xfire is a great system. It's free, allows Instant messages while playing WC, allows group voice chat, and file transfer.

So sign me up.!:thup:

DiDdY

Reaction score
Okay, I know a few of us have, I've sent mine VIA PM, and we'll speak on that.

For now (until tomorrow) use this thread.

Okay, the project is... Multiple map projects (well overthrowing DotA (COUGH)), in which the public thinks of ideas, and we initiate them into a map, allowing users to play the games they'd like to play, instead of having to join one of the a thousand hosted DotA's a second games.

We still need the following:

- Terrain Creators
- Idea Suppliers
- Modelers/Model Finders
- BETA Testers (Not as important yet)
- Site/Forum Help (To advertise map, general jibber jabber etc.)

I think thats it, but I guarantee whatever speciality you have we'll need you.

Skype is still free, I just downloaded it, it only costs to call existing phone numbers (I believe..) Oh yes, I just checked, it's free unless calling to real numbers.

XFire is good, but I dislike it's features and the way it works, so I reckon we stick with Skype. Post your Skype addresses here, and we'll communicate futher.

I look forward to working with you all (even the public.)

Oh, and my Skype is: ' ElfTehThe ' without the ' 's and spaces (obviously).

We have a new addition to the team, he's setting up a forum so Skype won't be neccesary within 1-3 days (when it's set up), and when it is, we can make a thread on that as well on here just to keep everyone informed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.