Maps, maps, and more maps?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jnZ

I
Reaction score
sry that you hear from me that late but it was a long night yesterday and iam up since 2 hours now :> anyway bout the terraining thing: more than 1 terrainer is alway good because of the variaton of the terraining style, right now im pretty busy 2, monday-friday school, weekend girlfriend *sigh* all that stuff teenagers have to dael with :D but just give me your "orders" and ill start the terraining :>
EDIT: btw just read upper post: i support the group with both: terraining and advanced triggers
i also play on northrend (germany xD) and if i play on bnet: dota, dota, dota, dota

Artificial

Without Intelligence
Reaction score
I filled that forumer's job yesterday (applied via PM to Diddy and got accepted), just so you know, too. :D Can't start working on it before I'm told what to put to the customisable part of the address, though. IIRC, Diddy said he'd tell it today, or something like that. And even after that it might take 1 - 3 days for the host to accept the site request. :(

N

noobfitta

I can start working with terraining asap, just give me the needed information about the map

DiDdY

Reaction score
I dont know really why the forum guy should have the final say(I don't care, he can have it if he wants it)

My idea would be to ask people on TH and make a poll about most things. That way we could get the public opinon on most things and the map will be more intresting.

This wouldn't work on all things since we might want to keep some things secret before we release it.

Yes, asking people on TH and making poll for public opinion is the plan; thus this thread.

hehe naah love to be that, but i hope you will beat DotA, super hope it (if it is gramatic correct:p)

DotA doesn't stand a chance! Hold on, I'll do the team list now!

DiDdY

Reaction score
Sorry about double post, editing was too hard for this;

Team Member Names:

Diddy – Forum Admin, Triggering, Terrain, Ideas/
San-D – Advanced Triggers/
Siretu – Advanced Triggers/
jnZ – Advanced Triggers/Terrain/
rover2341 – Triggers/
Smiley1337 – Ideas/Beta Tester/
DogOfHavoc – Writer/Story Lines/Characters/Terrain/
DannyBoyDude – Terrain/
Noobfitta – Terrain/
iPeez – Terrain/
X-Maul – Ideas/Beta Tester/ (If you want)
BANANAMAN – Ideas/Beta Tester/AI/Triggers/ (If you want)
Artificial – Forum Admin/Forum Owner/Forum Manager/

Available Positions;

Forum Moderators
Beta Testers
Story Line Writers
Project Leaders
Poll Leaders
Team to Public People
Public – You don’t need to apply!

Things Still Needed;

Map Ideas (Get them as we go along)
Forum } Artificial
Domain }
Name for Team

Map Ideas:

(These ideas will take over DotA)
Multiplayer Strategy RPG
One Map with Every Type of Game Possible
Mini Games
Ultimate Time-Killer

Name Ideas (For Team):

Eternal Mapping
Jim bob’s Maps Incorporated

I'll add to this list when anything changes/we get new ideas...

Oh, and we really need a name for the Team fast, so we can get the Forum up and running.

DiDdY

Reaction score
Progress is good, need to get in touch with some other members off the team though.

Hopefully, forum should be up for more information soon, and we'll have a name, as well as being prepared to launch into the following maps.

DogOfHavoc

Future Tragedy
Reaction score
Ok I don't want to sound pessimistic, but there is no way to beat DotA by simply making a better AoS. There are tons out there, that are much better than DotA, but nowhere near as popular. The reason DotA is the most popular AoS is because everyone is familiar with it, and they don't want to have to relearn how to play for a different AoS. I think if we want this game to be really popular we need to think outside the box, and avoid any AoS-type game. It should also be very user friendly.

I also think we should have position for someone to balance the game. They can be in charge of item attributes and how effective the heroes,creeps,spells are.

Siretu

Starcraft 2 Editor Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah, I know. Please everyone that's upset about the Dota thing. It aint the thing we have in focus right now. Right now we're trying to think of a project and just try to finish it as a team(right?)

DiDdY

Reaction score
Ok I don't want to sound pessimistic, but there is no way to beat DotA by simply making a better AoS. There are tons out there, that are much better than DotA, but nowhere near as popular. The reason DotA is the most popular AoS is because everyone is familiar with it, and they don't want to have to relearn how to play for a different AoS. I think if we want this game to be really popular we need to think outside the box, and avoid any AoS-type game. It should also be very user friendly.

I also think we should have position for someone to balance the game. They can be in charge of item attributes and how effective the heroes,creeps,spells are.

Whoever said an AoS? I wouldn't mind making one, but theres just so many, another AoS wouldn't other throw DotA. I was thinking more, a game that would be hosted more than DotA, because to be honest, I'm really getting bored of the Warcraft 3 custom game list...;

DOTA -ar -apem
dota banlist
-ar dota
dota join fast

Yeah, I know. Please everyone that's upset about the Dota thing. It aint the thing we have in focus right now. Right now we're trying to think of a project and just try to finish it as a team(right?)

Yes, thats our goal. Make a map that everyone likes, the public want, and that we can finish as a team.

Siretu

Starcraft 2 Editor Moderator
Reaction score
Whoever said an AoS? I wouldn't mind making one, but theres just so many, another AoS wouldn't other throw DotA. I was thinking more, a game that would be hosted more than DotA, because to be honest, I'm really getting bored of the Warcraft 3 custom game list...;

DOTA -ar -apem
dota banlist
-ar dota
dota join fast

Yes, thats our goal. Make a map that everyone likes, the public want, and that we can finish as a team.

QFT

DiDdY

Reaction score
quoted for truth

Ah, thanks.

Yes, so, really, before we start, we need to get the new Forum up to make communication easier, then we can begin the map.

Terrain artists will be notified when needed, (probably first), and will be required to do as much as they can before a dealine, then another terrain artist gets a go. After terrain is pretty much done, but not finished, trigger people will begin work, and take that in turns.

I look forward to working with you all,

Regards,
Diddy.

DogOfHavoc

Future Tragedy
Reaction score
Sounds like a plan, the sooner we decide what kind of game we want to make, the sooner I can get to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.