Health Marijuana Isn’t a Pain Killer—It’s a Pain Distracter

Fatmankev

Chef, Writer, and Midnight Toker
Reaction score
Marijuana is not THC or CBD or any other individual chemical strain. It's just marijuana, and you usually smoke it.
Exactly? So how is a study done using THC pills going to prove the effects of the plant?

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
Exactly? So how is a study done using THC pills going to prove the effects of the plant?
Who cares about the study? I'm just pointing out that it's not an analgesic and everyone freaked out.

TFlan

I could change this in my User CP.
Reaction score
Varine, synthesized marijuana has been on the market for years, it sucks. It is no where near the real thing, you can not reproduce what nature creates in this plant, there is not a lab in the world that can create the chemical bonds and sequences the way that mother nature does.

Hence the Israeli's growing their own plants.

Marijuana is effective. You're right, it isn't purely THC or CBD, it's both, a very unique instance in the world, and an instance that can't be reproduced with the same effect.

Fatmankev

Chef, Writer, and Midnight Toker
Reaction score
Who cares about the study? I'm just pointing out that it's not an analgesic and everyone freaked out.
No one freaked out. I've argued the same point in each of my posts - that Snowbizzle's point of the article being misleading due to its title and the fact that they didn't conduct the study using cannabis is valid. Like I said in my first post, I can't find anything conclusive in regards to it being analgesic or non-analgesic, so I won't try to make any claims of that nature. You're definitely right that, were the necessary research carried out in the proper field, we could have a far more effective synthetic cannabis drug by utilizing the individual cannabinoids in conjunction with other specific cannabinoids or even other chenicals altogether, but we don't have a good enough understanding of how they affect each other and us to create those yet; so currently, I'd say the natural form is likely the most effective that's currently been developed.

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
TFlan, yes there is. I don't give a shit about synthesized weed, I care about the specific chemicals that happen to be in it. And even if synthesis isn't effective, notice I also said extract.

And Obese man cave, the other guy sure did. Notice he hasn't been back because apparently I'm picking on him? I'm telling you CBD is not an analgesic which is what he said it was. It's effective for reducing inflammation, though marijuana in itself may have something else in it that is, I don't know, but no one is saying shit about whatever that cannaboid is, which I also said. We have a perfectly fine understanding of how they work for the most part, it's not very complicated. However, there is little motivation to actually develop medications based off those because of options more potent and probably cheaper.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.