Mario's Mushroom Madness questions.

Penguin-

Reaction score
Hi,

Just a quick question asking for some ideas.

I'm making a quick fun map. called Mario's Mushroom Madness.
It is a 3v3 map where you select your mario character and rush to collect/fight over mushrooms which are located in two flowerbeds.

First to X amount of mushrooms win.

What I am having trouble considering is the following:

Should I put all the mushrooms in at the start? or have them grow gradually?

Should I impliment an xp gain for mushroom collection (ive yet to decide whether the characters will level or not)

Should mushrooms have a speed decrease buff, to make it harder to return them to base?

If you are killed with a mushroom, should it drop at death, return to flowerbed or just disappear?

As you might imagine, the map is pretty small, once I've done more ill post it so you can see what I'm talking about.

darkRae

Ueki Fan (Ueki is watching you)
Reaction score
a)
Some at start, then grow gradually.

b)
Yes, EXP bonus for carrying multiple mushrooms, but not too much because carrying multiple mushrooms is already being an advantage.

c)
Of course. More mushrooms, more disadvantage.

d)
Dropped on death.
Carrying many mushrooms should have disadvantage(s).

Quauhtli

I have the right to remain silent.
Reaction score
They don't grow but you time it so that the first one grows when the first player can be at a flower bed

Exp bonus only for delivering

Yes and the more you have the more slow you become

NO!!! Otherwise people are going to wait very closely to their base and then kill you so they easily get money. make it so that they just vanish

darkRae

Reaction score
> They don't grow but you time it

Use "Unit Enters Region"

> NO!!! Otherwise people are going to wait very closely to their base and then kill you so they easily get money. make it so that they just vanish

Make the bases far from one another, and don't make the units get killed so easily.

Penguin-

Reaction score
thanks for all your feedback. I wasnt sure whether to have the mushroom placed in an inventory or just a trigger operated 'attachment'.

if i make it region operated flowering, then surely people would run in and out to collect multiple mushrooms?

darkRae

Reaction score
No, I mean, for the first growing period.

When a unit first enters the region, turn on the trigger which periodically (runs every xxx seconds) creates mushrooms.

Penguin-

Reaction score
I see.

Do you think it would be better to have two types of mushrooms, one for each team? You could sabotage the other team by destroying their mushrooms. Im just worried about the gameplay if people just run up and grab some mushrooms and run away.

I just want to make sure that there is a competitive/battle part involved.

Also, I'm having trouble with the slow effect of the mushrooms. I tried to make them an equivalent of boots of speed but with a negative effect and that doesnt seem to have worked. :s
I would use an aura but then it wont stack with multiple shrooms. (in fact do BOS even stack?)
can you not use a negative field for movement speed change?

vypur85

Hibernate
Reaction score
>I tried to make them an equivalent of boots of speed but with a negative effect and that doesnt seem to have worked.

What about trigger the movement speed? Add movement speed when loses item while reduce movement speed when acquire weapon. (I'm not sure whether it will be accurate or not).

Or give Mario a MS ability (Eg. Endurance Aura), then set the level of endurance aura according to the number of mushroom available.

There could be easier method, though. But i cant think of one now :p.

:)

General chit-chat
Help Users

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.