General Marvel Comics to Unveil First Gay Superhero

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
SPIDER-MAN creator Stan Lee is to unveil the world’s first gay superhero.

High school basketball star Thom Creed hides his developing superpowers along with his sexuality.

Former Marvel Comics boss Stan, 86 — who also created the Hulk and the X-Men — will unleash the character in an hour-long TV drama being shot in the US.

If it’s a hit there it will cross to the UK.

TV execs hope it will rival the huge success of shows likes Heroes.

Last edited:

Seb!

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
This is inspired by the book Hero, which was pretty popular. It was an alright book, too.

kingbdogz

The Edge of Eternity is upon us.
Reaction score
A Gay Superhero? Wouldn't that turn off viewers? I don't think anyone wants to know about some guys gay sexual problems.

Mac Dre

Reaction score
hahah maybe his enemy will be him having to decide what he has to wear for the day.

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
Maybe he'll be like that elastic man, but not all over.

Jolly chap*

Reaction score
Well, superheroes need to be more strange (in a good way, I suppose). It's what makes them unique and special! Ten Hulks or Ten Wonderwomen wouldn't be very interesting. :D

MurderMode

Giving new meaning to co-op... slowly
Reaction score
The show will flop imo opinion.... even if it's real good the majority of straight people will think it's stupid that the character is gay. It's not even that most people think being gay = bad anymore because they (just) don't (care), it's more like they'll watch it and think 'ergh, that try-hard, annoying, scarf-wearing shop assistant at my local retail store probably loves this shit, I just can't bring myself to watch it. The effects are cool but.... no'.

DAMMIT STAN, what we really need is more TV shows about awesome things like super heroes... make more of them and then go ahead and make Queer Eye for the Vigilante for all I care.... just don't do it first

Samael88

Evil always finds a way
Reaction score
I for one actually like the idea. I think this thing with gay people has just gone to far.
All the other superheroes from marvell has always been a little "on the edge".
Muscular men with tight clothing, running around and fighting other muscular men with tight clothing.
It is just like wrestling, and we all know how manly that is, that can't be gay at all, but it is almost the same thing:nuts:

It is a good step for marvell to make. If anyone should do it I think marvell is the ones. I think it can be great, especially if the show is aimed for children. Then they might not be as predjudice towards gay people when they grow up.

Bartuc08

Mostly known as Zomby Jezuz
Reaction score
The first step to accepting, is not caring.

If the show is cool, then hell... I'll watch it. The idea that he's gay doesn't dissuade me in the least... It might be pretty cool... or should i say "fantastic" :p

Akatsuki

Reaction score
When I was little. I hated the love relationship during comic books and cartoons. I just want mindless action and progress on the story (what an odd thing to say, want something mindless but also want something mindful).

Gay or Straight, I just want the good guy to finally kill the bad guy.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.