Merging Videos

LiveSsenkrad

Reaction score
I'd like to know which program you can use where you record yourself doing two things with a stationary video camera and then 'merge' them into one.

I've got Cyberlink PowerDirector, but I haven't seen any features that can make it happen.

Thanks in advance!

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
What do you mean by merging the videos into one?

Are you looking for a video editing program? Such as Final Cut, Sony Vegas, Adobe Premiere, even Windows Movie Maker or iMovie. Or more on the special effects side, such as Adobe After Effects.

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

LiveSsenkrad

Reaction score
Merging videos of me doing one thing, and then another, so that they look like one video with two of me in it.

Lambda_drive

Reaction score
Pretty much every program thewrongvine wrote can do green screening, but if you want to do some serious effects you should stick with Final Cut, Sony Vegas, and Adobe Premiere.

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
Pretty much every program thewrongvine wrote can do green screening, but if you want to do some serious effects you should stick with Final Cut, Sony Vegas, and Adobe Premiere.

I would say the other way, no? Final Cut, Vegas, Premiere for compiling the videos together. And for serious effects, use After Effects.

Well the basics of it, without a green screen, just put the two videos on top of each other, and crop out the the section of the video on top where your other person is. If your camera position didn't change, they should look like the same exact place and same camera, but with multiple things in it. But make sure your person doesn't like cross the line that you cropped.
But you can do that with any video editing program. I've never used PowerDirector but you should be able to do it.

Look for tutorials for something more detailed, heh.

A cool example, if this is what you're talking about: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Lnw6NhY6j0

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

General chit-chat
Help Users

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.