Metamorphosis

WERE-Wolf

Reaction score
Yea, I want a unit to morph into a wolf. Apparently, the spell ''metamorphisis'' doesnt seem to work. Any ideas?

jig7c

Stop reading me...-statement
Reaction score
how doesn't it seem to work?
what happens
did you set wolf as the morphed unit?

Sacred_Tear

Reaction score
Base the skill off of the Night Elf unit; Druid Of the Talon. He has a morph ability. Or the other one, morphs into a bear - I forget the name. Both of these units work.

NetherHawk

Reaction score
you can use metarmorphosis. i assume u are making smthing like lycanthrope in dota? you have to create another unit,the wolf. OR if your hero takes awhile before it morphs or morphs back, try setting normal - duration to 0. hero - duration will be how long the spell lasts.

Sacred_Tear

Reaction score
What exactly happens when you cast the spell? The preset unit that it "Morphs" into is illidans demon. If you need to change this, it would work just the same. We need more info on how it doesn't work.

rafaxik

Reaction score
Yea, I want a unit to morph into a wolf. Apparently, the spell ''metamorphisis'' doesnt seem to work. Any ideas?

You must put in the field "Techtree - Dependency Equivalents" the "Your unit" value, then create the ability based on Demon Hunter's Metamorphosis or on Druid of the Talon's Bear Form to set its data.

WERE-Wolf

Reaction score
Base the skill off of the Night Elf unit; Druid Of the Talon. He has a morph ability. Or the other one, morphs into a bear - I forget the name. Both of these units work.

That won't work because these do not have a duration period.

As for my problem, when I click on the spell, she channels a bit, then the hero is normal but the duration bar is active. When the bar's empty, she shapes into the wolf.... and when she shapes back, shes back to lvl 1 but still have like 4k hp and alot of dmg (used to be lvl 6)

wtf... its like if the spell triggered 2 times.

avalya

Reaction score
Are you sure you set the unit duration to 0 seconds and hero duration to your desired duration? Also make sure that the unit it returns to is the original hero.

jig7c

Stop reading me...-statement
Reaction score
Are you sure you set the unit duration to 0 seconds and hero duration to your desired duration? Also make sure that the unit it returns to is the original hero.

i thought the unit always returned to the original hero once the metamorphsis has expired!

WERE-Wolf

Reaction score

the problem is that she doesnt morph correctly.
1- i click on the spell, she stay still
2- the duration has begun, however shes still looks like an elf but she has more life and damage and everything
3- duration ends, she turns into a wolf with more life, more dmg
4- she turns into an elf, with ,more life, more dmg

overall, she ends up with triple life lvl 1 whren she started lvl 6...

essp6p.jpg

does it have something to do with the unit i picked (timber wolf)?

INCINERATE

Reaction score
try putting casting time to 0.. there is a bug whenever casting time is more than 0 on any map that isn't blizzard made.

change the cooldown to 12 seconds. doesn't make sense to change the hero into a wolf every 10 seconds, when your wolf duration is 10 seconds also..

and make check dependencies "false" for testing sake, to see if that is it

rafaxik

Reaction score
the problem is that she doesnt morph correctly.
1- i click on the spell, she stay still
2- the duration has begun, however shes still looks like an elf but she has more life and damage and everything
3- duration ends, she turns into a wolf with more life, more dmg
4- she turns into an elf, with ,more life, more dmg

overall, she ends up with triple life lvl 1 whren she started lvl 6...

essp6p.jpg

does it have something to do with the unit i picked (timber wolf)?

Have you tried to change its casting time to 0 and normal duration to (at least) 0.01 sec?
Notice that you must give to your hero the follow data (attached)

Attachments

• explaining.jpg
    explaining.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 193

Tru_Power22

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
That won't work because these do not have a duration period.

As for my problem, when I click on the spell, she channels a bit, then the hero is normal but the duration bar is active. When the bar's empty, she shapes into the wolf.... and when she shapes back, shes back to lvl 1 but still have like 4k hp and alot of dmg (used to be lvl 6)

wtf... its like if the spell triggered 2 times.

Is timber wolf a unit? It needs to be a hero or things will get mess up.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.