Metamorphosis

Zallo

Reaction score
Hello! I'm new to the forums and have basic knowledge of Warcraft 3 Editor but I am in need of help. I created a hero for a game I made for a few friends. It is basically the ultimate metamorphosis, in which the Demon Hunter uses. I tweaked it up a bit and created my own her to transform him into a bear instead of the demon. Now heres my problem. How do I make it so the metamorphosised unit has its own set of abilities instead of the normal unit? I have tried transfering the spells into a unit form and putting it in "Abilities - Normal" but that doesn't seem to work. It just places the previous abilities above the others, but you can still use both. Any opinions?

-Zallo

ultimate11

Reaction score
For Metamorphosis you need two kind of unit.Normal unit (you must set in the field) and transform unit.
First metamorphosis should be used on heroes (on unit can couse buggs).
Second your normal unit and tranform unit can have same kind of ability or diferent one.Just play with the ability in object editor.And dont abilities to normal, just add to hero.
If isnt work just full trigger the spell.

Zallo

Reaction score
This is where I noob out on this stuff. I have never actually been able to figure out how to trigger spells or make spells triggers. Its kind of sad considering i've had this game for 8 years.

NotInTheFace

Reaction score
I think the best way to do it is to make both sets of abilities (Metamorphosed hero and regular hero) unit abilities. You make all the hero abilities hidden dummy abilities (can be based on channel for example) then you set the level of your unit abilities whenever the metamorphosis ability is cast to the level of the dummy ability.

It's kind of a pain, but I tried something similar to what you've done and this was the best solution I found.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.