Methamorphosis removes unit modell

Imp Midna

Reaction score
Im quite sure this problem has allready been solved, cant find any solution using the sufu though.
Simple problem is: i have a spell based of Methamorphosis. Both units have the spell as a unit ability and the spells morphed and base unit fields are filled in correctly. When i cast it though, my unit seemingly morphes (as its getting the unit spells of the other unit) but looses any visual modell (keeping the shadow though). Invisible units aren't that fun and ive never faced this problem (and see any problems either) so i hope you have a clue what happens there :D

Solu9

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
The obvious answer would be that you forgot to add a model to the morphed unit.
But could you upload screen shots of the unit stats?

Imp Midna

Reaction score
Unfortunately i bought the german game (as im living in germany) and dont have a way to turn my editor english, but i hope you can read the important information
The Ability
p5.jpg

The Villager
p3.jpg

The Killer
p4.jpg

Before using metha
p2.jpg

After using metha
p1.jpg

Solu9

Reaction score
So far my best guess is when you use different models for the villager and the killer it messes the transformation up. Try to use the villager model for the killer as well, maybe with a color change.

I know the demon hunter can change model but he has an alternate animation which the villager doesn't.

Edit:
And just throwing out some ideas:
Are both the units the same race?

thorhunter

Reaction score
I don't think it's even possible to switch between models as every metamorphosis/avarar users aren't really switching models but just thier animations. If it's not the problem, you could use 'chaos' or garygolyle's 'stone form' to switch between units without losing any data that happens in case of replacing an unit with trigger.

Imp Midna

Reaction score
I Had that spell in an item before (same stats) and it worked perfectly, even if the unit using it wasnt even a villager, so i belive that its gotta be possible on SOME way.
Villager is human, Killer is undead.
Will try to switch to the same modell and post the result here in a minute or two.
edit: changing the modell didnt fixx it, removing the undead classification didnt either.
I actually wanted to avoid using chaos as it strangely changes the units stats and it will be a hard (and performance-unfriendly and maybe even leaking - depending on how the unit spells are programmed - ) to compensate the random stat changes.
Stone Form might be a solution, gonna give it a try after the modell test.

Edit2: tracked the problem down to a trigger i thought would not even fire at this point. Anyways, it seemingly is, and this Action here:
Trigger:
  • Unit - Change ownership of (Triggering unit) to Player 10 (Lightblue) and Change Color

Screws it all up; at least, if i remove this one, it works again. Who would have guessed that changing a color makes the unit dissappear. And More importantly: how do i change the color to lightblue now?

Solu9

Reaction score
Instead of changing the color via trigger how about editing the "Art - Team Color" stat on the unit to light blue?

Imp Midna

Reaction score
The Problem is that Methamorphosis screws the colors up (means: keeps the colors of the original unit entirely), so any color changes done to the Killer are not applied.

Juno**

Reaction score
maybe one of the unit is a hero and the other a normal unit? just guessing here:p

Imp Midna

Reaction score
nop, both heros, and i doubt that that would change anything about the outer appeariance at this point too xD

Solu9

Reaction score
I've found a test map on Hive. Try this trigger out.

Trigger:
  • Untitled Trigger 001
    • Events
    • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
    • (Ability being cast) Equal to Metamorphosis
    • Actions
    • Custom script: local unit u = GetTriggerUnit()
    • Custom script: call SetUnitVertexColor(u, 0, 0, 0, 255)
    • Set Duration = 5.00
    • Wait Duration seconds
    • Custom script: call SetUnitVertexColor(u, 255, 255, 255, 255)
    • Custom script: set u = null

Edit:
Use these color settings for light blue:
(126, 191, 241)

Of course this will change the color of the whole model and not just the team color.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.