Mic problem in Vista Ultimate 64

Reaction score
Ok well for some random reason in time my mic turned very low to the point where you cant hear anything at all even while screaming. So It was working before then It just stopped working. I have the mic volume up to 100. And the Mic boost makes it sound all distorted and you still cant even hear me when its up. So I dont know whats up with it. Latest drivers and everything. Im using the Realtek HD drivers the newest ones.

Darthfett

Aerospace/Cybersecurity Software Engineer
Reaction score
Speaking from Windows XP, 32:

I have Realtek HD drivers as well, and I've been having a bit of problems with it, though not with the mic.

Have you tried reinstalling the drivers since the problem came up?

And the Mic boost makes it sound all distorted and you still cant even hear me when its up.

You can't hear anything, but you're sure it's distorted? Is it just really distorted, or is your voice really soft AND hard to understand?

If you're only having the volume problems without mic boost, I would suggest trying to put it on, turn down the volume, and move the mic a little further away from your mouth, and see if that clears up any distortion.

Have you tried another mic?

Reaction score
No I can hear it just crackling everytime i talk or blow into the mic. I can Hear it but it seems like even at 100% volume up when I talk I dont see any signs or hear any signs of me talking. But when I blow into it I can barely hear it and this is all at 100% volume.

Prometheus

Everything is mutable; nothing is sacred
Reaction score
Go to your output options and look for something with green in its name.
Modify that.

Reaction score
Well I have 2 things. 2 speakers and a subwoofer connected to the rear green panel. And my headphone and mic connected to the front panel. Could that be the problem?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.