World Mickey Mouse must die: Saudi Arabian cleric

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
RIYADH: A former Saudi diplomat-turned cleric, Sheikh Muhammad Munajid, has described Walt Disney cartoon character Mickey Mouse as ‘one of Satan’s soldiers’ who turns everything around it impure.

The cleric, who worked with the Saudi embassy in Washington D C, said that under Sharia, both household mice and their cartoon counterparts must be killed.

According to a translation prepared by the Middle East Media Research Institute, an American press monitoring service, he said: “The mouse is one of Satan’s soldiers and is steered by him. If a mouse falls into a pot of food — if the food is solid, you should chuck out the mouse and the food touching it, and if it is liquid — you should chuck out the whole thing, because the mouse is impure.”

“According to Islamic law, the mouse is a repulsive, corrupting creature. How do you think children view mice today — after Tom and Jerry? Even creatures that are repulsive by nature, by logic, and according to Islamic law have become wonderful and are loved by children. Even mice. Mickey Mouse has become an awesome character, even though according to Islamic law, Mickey Mouse should be killed in all cases,” he added.

Whole story here.

shawtybaby

Reaction score
Rofl, this reminds me of the trilogy of South Park ''Imagination Land'' hahaha.

Oh damn, now the terrorists are gonna attack our imagination.

FireCat

Oh Shi.. Don't wake the tiger!
Reaction score
OMFG! That's to much, they want kill "Mickey Mouse cartoon" :mad: :thdown:

ReVolver

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
You think they are serious enough to actually go to California/Florida to blow Disneyland up?

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
You think they are serious enough to actually go to California/Florida to blow Disneyland up?

I'm sure someone is.

MurderMode

Giving new meaning to co-op... slowly
Reaction score
lol mmmkay. Why can't these terrorist-types see how ridiculous they are... I mean come on, common sense please? What's worse... a cartoon mouse or some crazy guy threatening to kill a fictional character? I'd personally feel like an idiot for even thinking that, let alone getting quoted for saying it.

“The mouse is one of Satan’s soldiers and is steered by him. If a mouse falls into a pot of food — if the food is solid, you should chuck out the mouse and the food touching it, and if it is liquid — you should chuck out the whole thing, because the mouse is impure.”

I'd say this is something his people are taught as kids, because they don't have the schooling other countries have to teach them about germs and disease in a scientific manner (also because science is probably evil there aswell). Basically if you teach a kid a mouse is the devil, he's not going to eat food that is spoiled by one. I also see it in this way because he points out that if the food is solid you should only throw part of the food away, but if liquid the whole thing is ruined. Being the kind of country that it is, food would be a precious commodity so if throwing out the whole lot can be helped then it's acceptable...

.....but here's this guy taking the whole 'mice chill with Lucifer' thing seriously. Genius

Varine

Reaction score
Yeah... why don't you go to Saudi Arabia and tell them that and see how well that goes by? They take their religion seriously, there's nothing wrong with that.... Well there is when it's taken to the point of terrorism, but that doesn't usually happen.

MurderMode

Giving new meaning to co-op... slowly
Reaction score
Well this may not be terrorism, but it's the exact train of thought that leads to it. I personally don't care about them or how they would take it, it's just a good example of where a good message passed through a religious means has been warped to the point where it involves death as the solution.

Whether god does or doesn't exist, most religions were devised as a method of keeping order and enhancing people's lives... but now in alot of modern cases the people in power corrupt it with there own obscure views for personal gain.

Killing mickey mouse isn't going to raise their country's living standards or deliver them to paradise... so no, there is something totally wrong with that... even if it's just the fact they are wasting time on debating the religious significance of a cartoon character. These politicians need to spend less time spreading hate and concentrate on actually doing something for their people

Lobster

Old Fogey ofthe site
Reaction score
why does this news sound familiar to something that I've seen posted here?

Varine

Reaction score
Killing mickey mouse isn't going to raise their country's living standards or deliver them to paradise... so no, there is something totally wrong with that... even if it's just the fact they are wasting time on debating the religious significance of a cartoon character. These politicians need to spend less time spreading hate and concentrate on actually doing something for their people

The 'politicians' are influenced completely by their religious beliefs. I'm fairly certain that they believe that in some form, eliminating the mouse, cartoon or not, would help their people.
It's really hard to imagine the train of thought that they go through because in the West religion generally doesn't influence our actions, especially in politics, just because that's the way it is. But I wouldn't doubt that they feel that they're going to be helping.

BANANAMAN

Resident Star Battle Expert.
Reaction score
Every single Religion in this world have one thing in common.

They Need To Chill the F**K out.

Varine

Reaction score
Why does that have to include every religion? It's not as if it's the religions themselves that are performing any acts of terrorism, it's people.

BANANAMAN

Resident Star Battle Expert.
Reaction score
yes every religion needs to chill out. Honestly. Christians,Muslims it doesn't matter. They all need to take a big chill pill.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.