Models not working

msakni

Reaction score
I have been modelling for a time now, and I'm getting better, but there is some things I still don't understand, and I never found a tutorial explainning the problems I have encountered.I have attached a .rar archives containing two models
The first one , a draenei tower, crashes the world editor when I try to change a building model.
The second , a Darkspear troll trapper, the wolf cap in his head don't show in the WE and in-game

Thanks in advance

Attachments

• Models.zip
    131.8 KB · Views: 150

skyblader

You're living only because it's illegal killing.
Reaction score
For the second one, if you're using Gmax/3dsMax, did you make sure you converted the whole shape to editable mesh? or the texture for the cap properly imported?

msakni

Reaction score
I don't use Gmax
I jsut stick with Magos Model Editor and Vertex Modifier and I don't have to import a texture since it's already in the MPQ (shaman's texture)

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
Is the file path right?

Gmax would be a lot better....

Varine

Reaction score
But you figured out Magos' tools...? Anyway, the first one might be corrupted, tried export it back out or something (not sure what you do with Magos stuff, does it even HAVE an export?)

Varine

Reaction score
I have no idea what that means.

NullCurrent

( ゚ε ゚)
Reaction score
For the tower, if you deleted entire geosets with the vertex modifier, then it will crash the game, always. So, if you want to "remove" a geoset without actually removing it, just delete all of it except a little triangle and then scale that down a whole bunch, that way it isn't technically deleted.

And if I have time, I'll take a look at the troll trapper, but I don't at the moment...

Good luck!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.