Modify Immolation

smileyguyx

Reaction score
I want to create an immolation that hits in set times so like every second instead of doing damage over time. If not than something that hits in AoE around the caster??
Also how do you make buildings auto attack with spells?

johnnymra

Reaction score
I think the spell you could use is Lightning Shield, as it does a set damage amount in an AoE around the caster every second (if i recall corectly).

As for the buildings to auto attack with spells you need triggering, give them spells and make triggers that order the buildings to use them.

inevit4ble

Reaction score
You can trigger it very easily.
try this
Trigger:
  • Start of Cast
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Immolation
    • Actions
      • Set Caster = (Triggering unit)
      • Trigger - Turn on AoE Burn <gen>

Trigger:
  • AoE Burn
    • Events
      • Time - Every 1.00 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set MyPoint = (Position of Caster)
      • Set MyUnitGroup = (Units within 650.00 of MyPoint matching ((((Matching unit) belongs to an enemy of (Owner of Caster)) Equal to True) and (((Matching unit) is alive) Equal to True)))
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in MyUnitGroup and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Unit - Cause Caster to damage (Picked unit), dealing 12.00 damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal
      • Custom script: call DestroyGroup(udg_MyUnitGroup)
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_MyPoint)

Trigger:
  • End of Cast
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Is issued an order with no target
    • Conditions
      • (Issued order) Equal to (Order(unimmolation))
    • Actions
      • Trigger - Turn off AoE Burn <gen>

Smitty

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure in the object editor if you create a new ability based on immolation it lets you set the time between each instance of damage. Might make it a lot simpler if I'm remembering than correctly. If not then that trigger looks fine :)

GFreak45

I didnt slap you, i high 5'd your face.
Reaction score
you could use the pheonix fire ability with no missle file, it hits every enemy in range every second or so

ZakkWylde-

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure in the object editor if you create a new ability based on immolation it lets you set the time between each instance of damage. Might make it a lot simpler if I'm remembering than correctly. If not then that trigger looks fine :)

Yes...immolation appears as a damage over time because it damages you for very little very often. Change the little to a lot, and the very often to once a second :). (unless im not understanding the problem, or if this can't be done--seeing as TheOverWhelm posted something that I dont really understand xD)

My guess would be...change:
Data -- Damage per Interval
Stats -- Duration - Hero || Stats -- Duration - Unit depending on what you want

Any reason why this would NOT work?

Smitty

Reaction score
Yep, that's what I'm shooting for, tried it, worked for me. No need to get trigger-y on this one. Also, as a sidenote, there's no perfect DoT spells in wc3, they all do fixed damage at an interval, as you say, the smaller the interval the more it looks like constant damage.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.