Technology Molecule gives passionate lovers just one year

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
Your heartbeat accelerates, you have butterflies in the stomach, you feel euphoric and a bit silly. It's all part of falling passionately in love -- and scientists now tell us the feeling won't last more than a year.

The powerful emotions that bowl over new lovers are triggered by a molecule known as nerve growth factor (NGF), according to Pavia University researchers.

The Italian scientists found far higher levels of NGF in the blood of 58 people who had recently fallen madly in love than in that of a group of singles and people in long-term relationships.

But after a year with the same lover, the quantity of the 'love molecule' in their blood had fallen to the same level as that of the other groups.

Last edited:

Sargon

Reaction score
Oh God, now we can figure out how to make love potions. *shudder*

Rinpun

Ex TH Member
Reaction score
Hahaha...interesting.

Well, I wonder if there's something broken in my body? I've been madly in love with my girl for what will soon be two years.

Weird hunch: maybe physical "activities" between two lovers reduces the amount. Just loving them doesn't seem to decrease.

2nd Weird hunch: Some Christians know something about it (without knowing knowing per se), because they know how to make working conferences on being more in love with your spouse :D

Shadowy Fear

I have returned
Reaction score
Rofl, The Helper, there were only 2 more paragraphs :p You might as well have added those instead of linking to the site :p
-Science: Dehumanizing your world one 'molecule' at a time- (TM)

Sargon

Reaction score
@Rinpun: Maybe that has to do with the fact that you're probably younger than the people being tested?

Rinpun

Ex TH Member
Reaction score
People date at any age, Sargon.

Sargon

Reaction score
Rinpun said:
People date at any age, Sargon.

I know that. However, if you are indeed younger than the test subjects of the study, then maybe the fact that your body is smaller, that you are still in adolescence, etc. has some effect. Unfortunately, the article didn't say anything about how old the people studied were.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.