Moonlite Map Studio last open beta release date announcement

Vestras

Retired
Reaction score
Moonlite Map Studio

fL66c.png

Moonlite Map Studio is a full-blown StarCraft 2/WarCraft 3 IDE with many advanced features, such as extensible text editor, error checking, compiler support, code completion, code awareness, project manager, and many other helpful things. It is designed for rapid code and data development for StarCraft 2. It is made fully for scripting purposes; no GUI scripting is included.

The last open beta is finally ready to be released. Here is the download link:
http://ge.tt/8I5igG6

Requires the .NET Framework 4.0 and Visual C++ 2008 and 2005 Redistributable. If you use a 64-bit system architecture, remember to install the VC++ x64 Redistributable packages too.

How to install:
  • Click the link above
  • Pick the one that fits your system architecture (32-bit or 64-bit)
  • When the download is complete, run the installer
  • Follow the installer steps
  • Run Moonlite Map Studio

Notes
I'd like some more issue fixes before I release Moonlite in Release mode instead of Debug mode. When that happens, Moonlite will perform better.

The source can be downloaded here: http://www.code.google.com/p/moonlite-map-studio

Siretu

Starcraft 2 Editor Moderator
Reaction score
I disagree with Sevion until you integrate it with the SC2 editor. I don't want to use two editors to create a map and I want to still be able to have the choice to use GUI from time to time as well as using the normal data editor instead of doing it through xml.

When you do however...

Vestras

Retired
Reaction score
I disagree with Sevion until you integrate it with the SC2 editor. I don't want to use two editors to create a map and I want to still be able to have the choice to use GUI from time to time as well as using the normal data editor instead of doing it through xml.

When you do however...

There may be plans on that, and there may not. But there may...

Lyerae

I keep popping up on this site from time to time.
Reaction score
Really long start-up time you've got there. Two minutes, still waiting. :/

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
I know D: I always made fun of him for that.

My computer (which isn't bad in any way) takes longer to open Moonlite than it does to open an Adobe program :|

Siretu

Reaction score
No, I can start it but clicking most buttons produce the same error. New project, new document etc.

I dont have visual studio. I didn't see that as a requirement anywhere.

s3rius

Linux is only free if your time is worthless.
Reaction score
No, I can start it but clicking most buttons produce the same error. New project, new document etc.

I dont have visual studio. I didn't see that as a requirement anywhere.

It isn't, but with VS you can error-trace it.

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
That is definitely strange. I sometimes get unhandled errors, but by clicking Continue I can just keep working.

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
Oh God! I never thought Moonlite would be released during the summer holidays. Wished I had my desktop with me. :( I can not test Moonlite out, because I'm right now under the requirements.

What I do want to ask:

1. Do you still sometimes get unhandled errors?
2. After clicking Continue, do you sense there's something wrong?

Siretu

Reaction score
I'm assuming the question was directed to me.

1. yes
2. yes

It seems to successfully create a new project(even though I get an error) so I can then create a new document(which also gives an error) but I can't seem to do anything with the document.

It's complaining about not finding Moonlite.data.mpq.dll even though that file exists in the moonlite directory.

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
Moonlite isn't going to be updated this week because Vestras is on vacation; however, anyone with C# knowledge and VS2010 is invited to join us in fixing any bugs :)

If I click Continue it allows me to perform the action the second time and doesn't error.

It doesn't seem like something is wrong. Just a setting was undefined or something perhaps. Haven't had time to follow the stream to the error.

Methinks it has something to do with being in debug mode already and doing other stuff before exiting debug mode.

The thing is, SC2 doesn't tell Windows when it exits so you have to manually exit Debug Mode. I sometimes forget to :|

Vestras

Retired
Reaction score
The not finding the mpq data dll thingy is probably because you downloaded the wrong installer. Download the one that matches your system architecture and try again.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.