Mountain Pass

-Brainiac-

Reaction score
Finally i'm done with my map :)

It is still the beta but I want everyone's comments on this map so I can further improve it :)

It's kinda an AoS Map (north vs south) with various heroes wich you can pick at the start of the game. All kinds of events will happen while playing the game, but the main goal is to destroy the other teams castle to afterwards kill -Brainiac- (Me :D I know little lame but... I thought wth lets just do that ^^)

That is going to be a challenge though.

Made several custom items and recipies (not many yet though), I will make more in the near future! :D

And ofcourse please post comments, idea's vor recipies and items!

You can download it from http://epicwar.com/maps/112994/

or at the bottem here :)

What can you expect?

-Every base has an Item shop, Recipe Shop, Orb shop and an Armory.
-Theres a Forest Vendor in the middle of each lane
-Goblin Merchant Top left and Bottem Right
-Fountain of Blood Top Right and Bottem Left
-Middle of the map is the Tavern Containing 12 heroes
-So far 6 recipies, and 21 custom items
-Random Events
-Lose your money trough death
-Income each 2 seconds
-Upgradebal spawns by using commands
-Various commands for e.g. turning visibility on/off for a certain area
-Trees respawn after they are destroyed
-Random attacks on your base for additional exp and gold

Leave your comments please ! :D

Regards

View attachment MountainpassOB.w3x

azareus

And you know it.
Reaction score
There is a HUGE problem: With the zealot in lvl 11 and Brainiac orb and Courges orb, you can run trough the gate-thingys and kill the main castle without being attacked!:eek:

Oh, and the zealot telecircle ability is EPIC........FAIL.
It is completely unuseable.:banghead:

Else, its a kinda good, but i would not play it again i suppose.

P.s. Why the healing things and melee goblin shops??? (Not to mention the forest teles.)

-Brainiac-

Reaction score
There is a HUGE problem: With the zealot in lvl 11 and Brainiac orb and Courges orb, you can run trough the gate-thingys and kill the main castle without being attacked!:eek:

Well once you are passed the gates the other teams heroes should stop you, still working on the units but they don't destroy the gate :(... Working on that :)
What do you mean with running trough the gates? like not even destroying them?

Oh, and the zealot telecircle ability is EPIC........FAIL.
It is completely unuseable.:banghead:

Worked in my CB version? I'll check it :) And I didn't like the Zealot hero that mutch in the first place :p Was thinking to create a new one for him.

Else, its a kinda good, but i would not play it again i suppose.

Thank you! :D Well, not really supprised about the last part since its my first map, but i'll keep updating it so once... once it will be a good map:thup:

P.s. Why the healing things and melee goblin shops??? (Not to mention the forest teles.)

Well the Goblin shops don't sell healing potions so I made a potion shop for that, as for now the items in the goblin shop are OK. I don't have more then like 30 items atm so more items will come :)

Will check it tomorrow, spend all day behind Newgen so i'm getting little crazy from map making now.

Regards

Justice-BR

Reaction score
(...) to destroy the other teams castle to afterwards kill -Brainiac- (Me :D I know little lame but... I thought wth lets just do that ^^)
no it's a lot lame.

anyway, i played your map with a friend.

the terrain ins +/-
its a generic AoS. I would you suggest to stop trying to make a dota ripoff and think about doing a good map.
Unique stuff and so.
Really recipes and itens are not unique and stuff.

Glad you still trying.

PS: You dont need newgen and jass to have GOOD ideas. Also, Newgen and jass dont turn bad things in good things.

-Brainiac-

Reaction score
no it's a lot lame.

Ok, thought so already hehe. But i'll change it.

the terrain ins +/-

You could also say it sucks, because I know that.. Have to improve it alot.

its a generic AoS. I would you suggest to stop trying to make a dota ripoff and think about doing a good map.
Unique stuff and so.
Really recipes and itens are not unique and stuff.

Glad you still trying.

Well I didn't had anything from dota in my head but ok, if it you think so. I know this sounds stupid but this was more to learn about WE, how everything works and so on. As it was my first map I had to learn so people suggested to create a map and see how it went. Well here I am and I learned alot wich is the most important thing for me.
But as you said, i'm still trying and i'm trying even more. I think (because of all the bad results) I leave this behind me and i'm thinking of a more Unique map wich is realy more harder to make. But therefor I needed some base experience ^^.
PS: You dont need newgen and jass to have GOOD ideas. Also, Newgen and jass dont turn bad things in good things.

I know, but Newgen is just easier and Jass.. well looks a bit like C++ but I would get an A for French quicker then learning that language :p.

So anyway, be prepared for more (I hope better things). Thanks for the comment but I think I close this map for now.

Regards :D

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I've renamed this thread to 'Mountain Pass', from '- It's finally here -'. If you'd prefer a different thread name, that's appropriate for the map, please PM me.

-Brainiac-

Reaction score
I've renamed this thread to 'Mountain Pass', from '- It's finally here -'. If you'd prefer a different thread name, that's appropriate for the map, please PM me.

Oh no, its ok but I was just so excited that I was finally done with most of the stuff that I gave it that title :)

Justice-BR

Reaction score
It's ok

Making maps it's all about experience

you've to try and try harder, learning what's good and bad.

this forum can always help you with ideas and code problems.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.