US News Movers, deputies refuse to evict 103-year-old woman

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
ATLANTA, Ga. — A 103-year-old woman and her 83-year-old daughter were just moments from being evicted from their home Tuesday, when sheriff's deputies and the moving company hired by the bank decided not to go through with the action.

Channel 2's Ryan Young was there when the family started thanking God for the miracle. At just three weeks shy of her 104th birthday, Vinia Hall has shared her home on Penelope Road in Northwest Atlanta with her daughter for 53 years.

"I love it. It's a mansion," Hall said about her house.

Fulton County sheriff's deputies and movers showed up at Hall's home Tuesday after Deutsche Bank planned to kick the two women out. The moving company and the deputies took one look at Lee and decided that would not happen.

Last edited:

FireCat

Oh Shi.. Don't wake the tiger!
Reaction score
Well, it's nice to see a story like this.
But why the hell, the bank not accepting payment on the loan? It doesn't make sense!

BlowingKush

I hit the blunt but the blunt hit me.
Reaction score
I say throw her on the street. If she hasnt figured out how to make a mortage payment in 104 years
she isnt gonna figure it out now.

Toss her!

Wizard

:)
Staff member
Reaction score
BlowingKush. You are the type of person that deserves to die by firing squad.

FireCat

Reaction score
[del]Destroy All **** Just saying[/del] Nah @BlowingKush
Seriously, 53 years in that house and the bank didn't do nothing from beginning. eh?

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I say throw her on the street. If she hasnt figured out how to make a mortage payment in 104 years
she isnt gonna figure it out now.

Toss her!

3cd8a33a.png

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
Since when do police get to pick and choose what they want to be legal?

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
Since when do police get to pick and choose what they want to be legal?

This. So you're saying that if I'm old, I can do as I wish and not have to follow laws? Yeah, it sucks an old lady would lose her house, but shes the same as the rest of us. Any of us would have be evicted without a second thought...
Yeah, I'm going to sound like a dick. I'm actually not, but acting out of emotion gets civilization nowhere. Shes no different than any other person, if she cant pay to survive, why does she get special treatment? Laws are wrote to be efforced and followed, no cop or civilian has the right to pick and chose who and when to enforce the law on. If someones breaking it, it is their job to enforce said law. She is breaking a law.

Dan

The New Helper.Net gives me great Anxiety... o.O;;
Reaction score
They were probably afraid she would die if they touched her...

XD Like, seriously, I wouldn't want to move someone who was going to die because of me. That would just suck in so many ways...

But yeah, technically she should be evicted. Her 53 year old daughter can figure something out for her I'm sure.

Varine

Reaction score
This. So you're saying that if I'm old, I can do as I wish and not have to follow laws? Yeah, it sucks an old lady would lose her house, but shes the same as the rest of us. Any of us would have be evicted without a second thought...
Yeah, I'm going to sound like a dick. I'm actually not, but acting out of emotion gets civilization nowhere. Shes no different than any other person, if she cant pay to survive, why does she get special treatment? Laws are wrote to be efforced and followed, no cop or civilian has the right to pick and chose who and when to enforce the law on. If someones breaking it, it is their job to enforce said law. She is breaking a law.

I think we would get along pretty well.

I wouldn't want to move someone who was going to die because of me. That would just suck in so many ways...

http://www.thehelper.net/forums/sho...-miscarries-after-being-kicked-pepper-sprayed

Just saying...

Her daughter are 83, Not 53

... the tables have turned?

FireCat

Reaction score
... the tables have turned?
What?

"A 103-year-old woman and her 83-year-old daughter" "Vinia Hall has shared her home on Penelope Road in Northwest Atlanta with her daughter for 53 years."

Btw: Does everyone follow the law? Just saying

FireCat

Reaction score
Police apparently don't.
If the story was about you and the Police force you out . Would it be great?
Btw: we don't know how much they didn't pay. But isn't it strange 53 years and they didn't nothing until now?

Varine

Reaction score
If the story was about you and the Police force you out . Would it be great?
Btw: we don't know how much they didn't pay. But isn't it strange 53 years and they didn't nothing until now?

It's not about me. I pay MY rent. AND the tables are back to where they were.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.