Mutliboard help

Nicholas Jordaan

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I need help with making a multiboard (I've tried searching), so far I have one but it creates a row for the maximum number of players. I want it to create a MB for only how many current players there are.

I have tried this, of course but it fails because it make's the amount of rows according to how many players are playing and if there's only 1 player and the player is say green for instance the player is put into row 7 and not row 1. Could someone make me a nice multiboard for me?

I uploaded the Mutliboard I have now but it doesn't have the variables it needs like U_Hero which is the hero of each player but you can just get the idea of how I did it.

Thanks in advanced!

Attachments

• HelperHelp.w3x
    17.4 KB · Views: 275

Draphcone

Reaction score
1. Create a variable (found under Edit), naming it something like "Players". Set variable type to "Integer".

2. Using Actions, Set variable (Players) = (Number of Players)

3. Create the MB strictly AFTER step 2, setting the value of the number or rows to "Players".

That should do the job.

I'm not sure of what you're talking about in the 2nd paragraph. If the first problem is solved (make no. of rows = no. of players), there would be only one row since there's only one player, so regardless of which slot he is in he'll be in row 1 (the only row).

Btw, I'm also in the process of making my own map with a MB too. Do you know the exact % for RGB for the player colours? Kinda weird they put it in % instead of 255 max anw.

Nicholas Jordaan

Reaction score
Hmmm.. looks like my attachment got deleted or something? Please check that out and you will understand (I attached it now)

For when it adds the players, I have it loop from 1 to 8 (The amount of players) and when it detects that a user is playing it adds it in the found integer of the loop plus 2.

I'm not entirely sure of how to do this correctly. But do you understand what I am asking for?

death_knight

Dark is the heart of a corrupted man.
Reaction score
Ok I'm pretty sure I know what you mean and here's how I've set it up:

I've created 2 triggers. The first counts the number of active players out of the possible 8 maximum from which it will create the multiboard with the appropriate amount of rows. It also does the little things like the titles of the columns etc.

The second trigger is just there to update the the multiboard periodically (I personally chose the arbitrary periodic time of 0.5 seconds).

Note: The variable "Count" is an integer variable.

Trigger 1:
Trigger:
  • Multiboard Create
    • Events
      • Time - Elapsed game time is 0.00 seconds
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • -------- Player Check --------
      • Set Count = 2
      • For each (Integer A) from 1 to 8, do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            • If - Conditions
              • ((Player((Integer A))) slot status) Equal to Is playing
            • Then - Actions
              • Set Count = (Count + 1)
            • Else - Actions
      • -------- Multiboard Create --------
      • Multiboard - Create a multiboard with 4 columns and Count rows, titled |c00FF0000ZenitH|r ...
      • Set MB_Multiboard = (Last created multiboard)
      • Multiboard - Set the text for MB_Multiboard item in column 1, row 1 to |cffffcc00Player
      • Multiboard - Set the text for MB_Multiboard item in column 2, row 1 to |c0080FF80Hero
      • Multiboard - Set the text for MB_Multiboard item in column 3, row 1 to |c0080FF80Level
      • Multiboard - Set the text for MB_Multiboard item in column 4, row 1 to |c0080FF80Health
      • Multiboard - Set the display style for MB_Multiboard item in column 0, row 0 to Show text and Hide icons
      • Multiboard - Set the display style for MB_Multiboard item in column 2, row 0 to Show text and Show icons
      • Multiboard - Set the display style for MB_Multiboard item in column 2, row 1 to Show text and Hide icons
      • Multiboard - Set the display style for MB_Multiboard item in column 2, row 2 to Show text and Hide icons
      • Multiboard - Set the width for MB_Multiboard item in column 1, row 0 to 9.00% of the total screen width
      • Multiboard - Set the width for MB_Multiboard item in column 2, row 0 to 9.00% of the total screen width
      • Multiboard - Set the width for MB_Multiboard item in column 3, row 0 to 9.00% of the total screen width
      • Multiboard - Set the width for MB_Multiboard item in column 4, row 0 to 9.00% of the total screen width
      • -------- Setting Up Player Details --------
      • For each (Integer A) from 1 to (Count - 2), do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Multiboard - Set the text for MB_Multiboard item in column 1, row ((Integer A) + 2) to (Name of (Player((Integer A))))
          • Multiboard - Set the text for MB_Multiboard item in column 2, row ((Integer A) + 2) to (Name of U_Hero[(Integer A)])
          • Multiboard - Set the text for MB_Multiboard item in column 3, row ((Integer A) + 2) to (String((Level of U_Hero[(Integer A)])))
          • Multiboard - Set the text for MB_Multiboard item in column 4, row ((Integer A) + 2) to (String((Life of U_Hero[(Integer A)])))
      • -------- Other --------
      • Multiboard - Show MB_Multiboard
      • Multiboard - Minimize MB_Multiboard
      • Trigger - Turn on Update Multiboard <gen>

Trigger 2:
Trigger:
  • Update Multiboard
    • Events
      • Time - Every 0.50 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • For each (Integer A) from 1 to (Count - 2), do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Multiboard - Set the text for MB_Multiboard item in column 1, row ((Integer A) + 2) to (Name of (Player((Integer A))))
          • Multiboard - Set the text for MB_Multiboard item in column 2, row ((Integer A) + 2) to (Name of U_Hero[(Integer A)])
          • Multiboard - Set the text for MB_Multiboard item in column 3, row ((Integer A) + 2) to (String((Level of U_Hero[(Integer A)])))
          • Multiboard - Set the text for MB_Multiboard item in column 4, row ((Integer A) + 2) to (String((Life of U_Hero[(Integer A)])))

I've also uploaded the map with both triggers on there.

Hope this helps :)

Attachments

• HelperHelp.w3x
    17.6 KB · Views: 245
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.