My map keeps crashing

Corleone

Reaction score
I was working on my map in WE and after I added a new ability, I wanted to test whether it was working, etc. I get past the intro cinnematic ( which is only 7 seconds or so ) and get to the Hero Arena. When I tried to choose my first hero, the game instantly shut itself down. wtf? I tried it again, restarted the comp; but it still kept crashing. I tried making/loading several other maps and then testing those, and they were working fine. So, what on earth could cause the game to crash like this with only this map?

D

Down

do you have any events that directly target that unit once it is created,
its most likly a trigger and has nothing to do with your unit,

Corleone

Reaction score
smith_s9 said:
The problem is not WE here. You have, most probably, an infinite loop somewhere in your map's triggers.

Ah, cool, that did it. Although the map did work fine before, while I still had the infinite loop. Cheers for the help.

emjlr3

Change can be a good thing
Reaction score
perhaps posting the flawed trigger could benefit others and stop them from making the same mistake

Corleone

Reaction score
'mkay,

DONT use triggers like

Code:
[B]Event[/B]
Unit - A unit owned by (picked player) dies.
[B]Condition[/B]
[B]Action[/B]
Unit - Create a permanent Skeleton (Unit type of (triggering unit)) corpse for (Owner of (triggering unit) at (Position of (triggering unit) facing (Random angle) degrees.
Trigger - Run This trigger (checking conditions )

The endless loop makes no sense, actually, because its not checking the event, but the condition.. which doesnt exist..

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.