My world editor gone mad!

Grobak

Reaction score
I've been using world editor for years but about a moth ago my object editor started to do wierd things. I am working on a campaign right now and I wanted to create a new ability and i realized that somehow in the object editor, for new abilities it lists more data that normal. For example, I made an ablility based on sphere, and i got about 20 full pages of data like dmg bonus x12 but it has nothing to do with sphere, and summoned unit type but omg the simple sphere ability is like one page, instead of that, its like 20.
Plz help me somehow

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
I've been using world editor for years but about a moth ago my object editor started to do wierd things. I am working on a campaign right now and I wanted to create a new ability and i realized that somehow in the object editor, for new abilities it lists more data that normal. For example, I made an ablility based on sphere, and i got about 20 full pages of data like dmg bonus x12 but it has nothing to do with sphere, and summoned unit type but omg the simple sphere ability is like one page, instead of that, its like 20.
Plz help me somehow

i've heard alot of threads like "help my editor is crazy!!!one!11one!1eleven" in the past years now but most of the time the map makers just pressed the wrong short key or were confused about less known features but this really sounds like a bugged editor.

would you mind creating a screenshot and showing us?

Grobak

Reaction score
Ablilty

So heres the ability based on sphere. I just pressed new abilty, and heres a fragment of what i've got.

Attachments

• Ablilty.png
    Ablilty.png
    208.4 KB · Views: 208

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
did you try if these data fields work?

enter some values, give it damage bonus, attack speed bonus, life bonus, whatever bonus you like and test it out.

if this is really working you got to be the most lucky wc3 geek ever.

Grobak

Reaction score
But its just a simple passive ability. And if i got a field named summoned unit what can it do with it? It's not even an active spell just a freakin little weapon attachment. (in my case)
And btw, from every single data there is more than one, for example from dmg bonus or whatever i can find about 20in a row. Thats just creepy.

RangerX

I am justice!
Reaction score
backup you maps somewhere else and reinstall war3 ? maybe you got viruses

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
But its just a simple passive ability. And if i got a field named summoned unit what can it do with it? It's not even an active spell just a freakin little weapon attachment. (in my case)
And btw, from every single data there is more than one, for example from dmg bonus or whatever i can find about 20in a row. Thats just creepy.

well, you could do as the others say (actually pretty good advice) and reinstall the game or trash the map or whatever, or you could go the way i would and try to abuse this bug for your own interests. check how much you can do about it, or at least, if you decide to delete it could you upload the map so i can have a look at it?
this way we could see whether its the ability or your we which is bugging

mylemonblue

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Hurry up and upload the map so we can see if we can use the ability too @__@

Also is that STEAM I see on the desktop bar next to the WE or ...?

Grobak

Reaction score
So heres the map I started 2 days ago.
And yes thats steam....and i got windows 7 too :p

Attachments

• Map with bugged ability.w3x
    655.5 KB · Views: 167

Grobak

Reaction score
Guys...You know whats wierd....I opened the map from this page, didnt even save it to comp, and everything was fine. So I opened editor again, opened the map and it was bugged again. Maybe it has something to do with campaign editor? Cus i opened it through that. Im really confused now.

Grobak

Reaction score
Problem solved

Wierdest thing... If i open it through the campaign editor, using the edit button in it, its bugged. If i open it normally, its good. Somehow my campaign editor is crazy. Ty for the help anyways.

Laiev

Hey Listen!!
Reaction score
its not a bug i think :s the editor itself is like that lol in campaign .... also don't triple post, use edit button

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.