Need A Camera To Give A First Person View

Krofttt

Reaction score
i cant find the trigger for this..

my map would be intresting if i could view it in first person.

im not expecting perfect first person view.

T

Tristian

Dam, i cant find it now, but if you go to the search button on the menu up top, and search first person veiw i think Ryoko (i think its him) has about 20 threads where he tells people like a 3 action trigger that makes a first person veiw.

T

Tristian

Code:
Actions
    Camera - Lock camera target for Player 1 (Red) to (Triggering unit), offset by (0.00, 0.00) using The unit's rotation
    Camera - Set Player 1 (Red)'s camera Angle of attack to 360.00 over 0.00 seconds
    Camera - Set Player 1 (Red)'s camera Distance to target to 0.00 over 0.00 seconds

This is what Mind is talking about (BTW, i havnt seen him around here anymore, where is he?)

The offset is x, and y offset from the center of the units feet.

Krofttt

Reaction score
well the camera was showing underground.

and i need the camera to constantly follow the units view.

Rad

Reaction score
You have to make it yourself as its different for every unit. I suggest third person view because not only is first person completely crappy for Wc3 its hard to move, arrows or otherwise...

Use something like:

Code:
Event
   Every .05 seconds of the game
Action
   Cinematic - Set camera (rotation) to ((UNIT)'s facing angle)
   Cinematic - Pan camera for (Owner of (UNIT)) to (Position of (UNIT)) over .05 seconds
   Cinematic ...

I suggest you use all of the 'Camera Field' settings with this trigger, you need height, angle of attack, not so much FarZ... but yea mess with it. There is no single FPS mode.

EDIT~The entire 0.00, 0.00 thing was probrably just a bug, its "Point with offset"... Using 0, 0 is the same as the point alone.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.