[Need Beta testers for my MORPG]

Tholdalf

Reaction score
[Beards & beers chapter 1 Beta(MORPG)]

Well im going on vaccation tommorow for about 1,5 month => no world editor :p but i will have access to a comp though :thup:.
Thus i thought that it would be a good time to let my map be tested by the "public" to gather some informatin regarding mostly bugs, Balancing,and last but not least to see what the "public" think about my map so far ;).

[Beards and Beers: Chapter one Arthemis Keep]

[Progress]

*terrain 56%
*Heroes 72%
*Quests 5%
*Bosses 60%
*Items 25%

[Story]
Underwork

[Features]

*18 heroes out of which currently 13 are playable
*10 triggered boss fights, as im trying to make it so that the bosses dont just stand there and beat the tank insteed there will be lots of events during the fights.
*Traps and "riddles"
*Interesting story (atleast i think so :p).
*Class specefic items and item restrictions eg only one shield, chest etc."
*If it would get enough positiv responce when its finished i will make the full 7 chapters.

[Concept and goal of the map]

Its a MORPG (Multiplayer online rollplaying game) for up to 5 players where etch player controls one hero. The main "goals" of the map is 1, to complete quests 2,Prepare their character´s for the other higher level maps that are to come and 3, To use teamwork and simply have fun :D.

[Gameplay]

Etch player chooses one out of this far 18 heroes that consist of Healers, tanks, and damage dealers. When your party is formed you look up a quest giver and when thats done you venture into the keep itself.

[Heroes]

The currently playable heroes are the following

*Warrior; The tank in a nutcase hes main purpose in life is to take the spanking nut he can still do some damage.

*Priest; The basic healer that can ressurect his fallen commrads.

*Thief; Can steal items and gold from her foes and is a nice DPS hero

*Warlock; The "crowdcontroler" that can fear his enemies and has deamons to do his bidding.

*Ranger; Ranged DPS:er that has a pet bye here side (currently a bear or a spider) the pet levels up with the ranger.

*wizard; The man with the "magic hands"

*Barbarian; Big, strong and can jump up to 50 meters away..no im not kidding

*Sorceress; The female version of the mage.. althoug more destructible oriented. (Theres Fire, Ice, And Ligthning Fire got 6 spells, Ice 3-4 and Light 2 ;).)

*Shaman; Can place totems, melee oriented DPS.

*Paladin the holy warrior that can heal and creat hammers that spins around him. (Holy nove is not finished yet and thus doesn´t damage/ heal.. it looks nice though :eek:.)

*Necromancer; Raises dead people duuuh.

*Dwarven Engineer; Builds guns and can make exploding sheeps.. it speeks for itself :thup:

*Panda Swordmaster Melee DPS

[Known bugs and issues]

*Panda Swordmasters Panda Slash may bug if there are less then 3 enemys in range

*If you would for some reason play as the monk DONT use Shadowpalm as it will just telelport you instantly to the center of the map.:thdown:

*For some unknown reason (im lazy) only player 1 can get an item from Brother Jansons Quests, and only the Shield.

*If you cant get past the floorswitch puzzle then heres the solution
[Top left; Bottom Left; Center MiddleL; and Center Right]To open the secret door just reverse :p

Well thats all that i have come across

[Credits]

*Aceheart´s AWESOME savecode (to save type -save ;) )
*emjlir´s Jump Template
and a lot more that i dont remember right now so if im useing anything donne bye you tell me and i include you in the credits.

So if anyone wants to help me to try out the map feel free to download it and preferably test it out with some friends or others from the forum... and dont forget to drop bye here ;)

Here comes the link to dl the map
http://www.box.net/shared/0gtyopo8wg

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
Seems pretty cool... thank you for putting in PANDA!!! :D

I'll try it now.

EDIT: Ok, well the first things:
-you should put "CREATED by Thandolf", instead of Done
-the white color and font style... makes it hard to read with the background in the loading screen
-for the hero taverns, all the tooltips are different and with different formats
-the icons for the spells are all in random positions
-the tooltips all have different formats; some are melee ones, some are just random [level 1] stuff
-it's so hard!!! I had to use cheats to make it past the first guy... lol
-the grammar for the cinematics and stuff could be fixed up
-for the Panda Blademaster, his name means Lightning/Thunder Blademaster...
-Panda's firebreath... sucks... and the effect is over his head; way too high, make the damage higher, like 15/30/45/60/75, and make it have a higher mana cost
-Panda Slash... you're right, it's bugged. Is it supposed to work like Omnislash in DotA?

Anyway, a good start... but there's a lot of bugs, errors, and mistakes. :( Fix that up. :thup: Good luck!

Tholdalf

Reaction score
Well the game is balanced and supposed to be played by 5 (atleast 4) persons so if your playing alone yes its kinda hard :p

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.