Need Guidance: Basics

Zetrix91

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
okay, first off im just getting started with the sc2 editor, not even playing the game but i really enjoyed making maps and heroes and such in wc3.
first off i wanted to create a unit, and make it a hero, i found the guide to make a unit a hero, but i dont even know how to create a unit, it all seems to advaced. when i make a unit or even duplicate a unit, i dont seem to get the model with me, any pointers?
and secondly: what is "actors"?

ZeroPoints

Reaction score
In Data editor change the Data type to Units from the drop down menu. Then Click Data tab at top of window and Add Unit. Give unit a name(potato) and just click suggest for the ID. Leave the Based on: as default unit. Object familty can be left as (None). Race: Can be any zerg,protoss,terran,neutral(i just leave mine neutral). Object Type: change to Hero. And Copy from: any unit eg: Marine.
Now to make your unit to appear on the map you need actors. Actors control what your unit does on map i think so you have to create an Actor for every Hero you make. The actor also control your units model.
So to make an Actor for the newly created Hero by Changing the Data type from the drop down menu to Actors. Then From the top menu select Data then Add Actor. Give it a name and suggest ID again. and Actor Type: Unit. Based on: GenericUnitBase. Doodad Type:Not Doodad. And Copy From: same unit you copied from in the Units data type eg: Marine. once you have done that the actor will be created but it wont be linking your Actual unit you have made it will be linking to marine so then click your newly made actor in the Actors data type table and on the right side if you have your view set table view(eg: mine is all 5 clicked) It will say Token - Marine. Unit Name - Marine, we want to change unit name so double click it and look for your Units name(potato) you created. Then you have to scroll down to Art- Model and change it to Marine and change Art- Model (basic) to Marine and Art- Model(Placement) to Marine and Art-Model(Portrat) to Portrait - Marine.
That should be all you need to do. Ask if you need more help.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.