need help on few question

aredee

Reaction score
  • which better, a trigger with very much action or some trigger with the same event? my map has about to 18 trigger, each with about 6 or 8 action, and i realize that their event are same, and the condition can use the if-then-else action right? so which better?
  • why if a unit has 2 critical strike, in my case the other one is from an item ability, the critical is stackable, the floating text become doubled and hard to read, also the damage will increased greatly when the floating text is doubled, any solution to make the critical unstackable?

Drunken_God

Hopes to get back into Mapmaking with SC2 :)
Reaction score
1.please explain further

2.maybe check if the hero has already an critical strike and if so remove the item and give the unit the same item without critical strike (another item) back

Exide

I am amazingly focused right now!
Reaction score
1. I prefer less triggers.

2. I'm not sure, but I think that if you use the same ability for the item and the ability, they won't stack.

aredee

Reaction score
sorry for late reply,
for the first question, my map has 6 base, if the captain in the base is defeated, his "base defender group will killed too" and the base will belong to your team, and a new captain (with his group (one gate captain per gate, 2 footman per gate+2 archer per gate, also four footman inside the base), defending the base), so the example trigger (much trigger with less action and same event) will be like this:

Code:
event
a unit dies
condition
owner of dying unit equal to player 7
unit type of dying unit equal to n/nw/e/w/s/se base captain (according the base that is taken, one base per trigger, that makes trigger like this become six)
action
change ownership of barrack x for player 1 (i have four barracks per base, and that makes an action like this become four)
change ownership of guard tower x for player 1 (same as above)
[COLOR="RoyalBlue"]create 1 footmen at random point of region x (the center of base, where the captain is standing)
create 1 footmen at random point of region x (same as above)[/COLOR]
(and i CnP the above action until 4 footmen is spawn)
unit group - pick all unit in n/nw/e/w/s/se base (the region that has a whole base in it) and kill picked unit

(do you think the blue'd action can be shorten to one trigger that create 4 footmen, but are those 4 units scatter in the region?)

so that makes my trigger becomes 6, and that's not including the trigger that spawn the gate captain (and his group), and i made one trigger PER GATE (i think that's wrong), all with the same event, last i know that this trigger very leak, i think i need help here too

for the second question, i want to make like this:
if a unit has a critical strike ability that makes every attack has 20% chance to deals 2.35 times normal damage, and an equipment that grants it's wearer 15% chance to deals 1.5 times normal damage.
i want every attack that unit does, it has 20% chance to deals 2.35x dmg AND 15% chance to deals 1.5x dmg, so i think that makes every attack can cause 2.35x dmg, 1.5x dmg, neither at all, or the last, both, when the attack do both multiplier, the attack automatically multiply the damage with both multiplier and cause the attack to do HUGE damage, i want the attack when get the both multiplier, the attack will randomize which multiplier will do

in dota (sorry for using dota as example, this is just example), if you use mortred with buriza or crystalis, any problem like this won't occure right? or anyone ever experienced it? at least no attack will cause a critical with a hard-to-read floating text right?

sorry, i don't know the critical really do huge damage or not, but still the floating text become hard to read (will post the screenshot ASAP)

xAnaMorphine

Reaction score
  • which better, a trigger with very much action or some trigger with the same event? my map has about to 18 trigger, each with about 6 or 8 action, and i realize that their event are same, and the condition can use the if-then-else action right? so which better?
  • why if a unit has 2 critical strike, in my case the other one is from an item ability, the critical is stackable, the floating text become doubled and hard to read, also the damage will increased greatly when the floating text is doubled, any solution to make the critical unstackable?

For the first one, use IF/THEN/ELSE.

For the second, I don't know.

P.S: Exide, Master, Help me!

aredee

Reaction score
so you prefer to just use one trigger with much action and use if/then/else for a trigger that use same event but different condition?

Exide

I am amazingly focused right now!
Reaction score
so you prefer to just use one trigger with much action and use if/then/else for a trigger that use same event but different condition?

Mainly, yes.
Not always, but more often I do.
-Not as many triggers to keep track of, that way.

Some triggers need their own trigger, though. (If you want to 'run *Trigger* checking/ignoring condition', for example.)

aredee

Reaction score
okay, thanks for the answer for the question 1, but the second question is still unsolved, but i think i have to offline now, it's already night in my place, i hope tomorrow i can post the screenshot when the critical is stacked

aredee

Reaction score
this is it, my second problem:

(check the attachment, sorry i don't know how to make the screenshot appear in the post without being attach)

so, anyone know the solution?

1st screenshot:
1st critical (20%): blademaster's third ability
2nd critical (15%): blademaster's equipment on the first slot of blademaster's inventory

2nd screenshot:
1st critical (5%,10x): siege golem's bash ability
2nd critical (2x): siege golem's 2nd bash ability
(sorry the screenshot not showing the siege golem's ability)

Attachments

• WC3ScrnShot_072408_181946_03.jpg
    WC3ScrnShot_072408_181946_03.jpg
    233.7 KB · Views: 93
  • WC3ScrnShot_072408_182333_04.jpg
    WC3ScrnShot_072408_182333_04.jpg
    200.1 KB · Views: 91

aredee

Reaction score
but at least, how to make that kind of double floating critical text to become only one that dominate

vypur85

Hibernate
Reaction score
Hmmm... Not sure. I don't think it's possible. The floating text will always be stackable. Only one damage will be taken into consideration.

vypur85

Hibernate
Reaction score
> they can do that

Can't you? Only the text stack, but NOT the damage. As I've mentioned in Post#13. There is no HUGE damage as you've mentioned. Did you test correctly? (Or am I wrong?)

aredee

Reaction score
yes yes, sorry, i mean the HUGE damage was wrong but i mean dota can make the text not stackable, can't they?

vypur85

Hibernate
Reaction score
> but i mean dota can make the text not stackable

Can they? Not that I know off. I've used PA and Jugger quite often. Sometimes they do stack. Not sure about the new versions though. It's been a long time since I've touched DotA. Ever since the weird competition heroes were introduced (after Meepo).

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.