Need help with my map Mortar Wars

zedak

Reaction score
I'm making a map named Mortar Wars, all players gets a mortar team and can upgrade and train units to help the mortar teams to kill other units. I need some help with it.

1. How do I remove "Auto Attack" so the mortar teams only can "attack ground"? I've got the tip; "Set the mortar teams damage to "0" and make a spell called "Attack Ground".

How do i make a "Attack Ground-ability" that is exactly like the excisting attack ground?

2. How do i make a leaderboard that shows Player Kills, player deaths, and how many kills the Team got, and how many deaths the team got?

3. How do i make the mortar teams start with the spells and don't have to pick it?

Tyman2007

Ya Rly >.
Reaction score
1. Set the aquisition range on them to 1. Also for attack weapon type which is at the bottom of the attack 1's to artillary. Check out cannon tower for an example.

2. There are plently of tutorials. ill explain.. maybe.. i dont really feel like making triggers right now.

3. i think its Hero - Learn Skill or something.. im not sure..

cleeezzz

The Undead Ranger.
Reaction score
3. either auto research the upgrades (you can do this in the settings) or remove the (you need to research this first) by going to the ability editor, find the ability and remove the Requires field.

(wait is the mortar team a hero?)

zedak

Reaction score
3. either auto research the upgrades (you can do this in the settings) or remove the (you need to research this first) by going to the ability editor, find the ability and remove the Requires field.

(wait is the mortar team a hero?)

Thank you, and yes, the mortar teams are heros. :)

FireBladesX

Eating my wings!
Reaction score
1. Acquisition range of 1 won't really work, because that will make the mortar team's attack range 1, too.

If your unit is a Worker, it will not automatically seek out targets.

2. A multiboard is much better, and you can probably figure it out just by fooling around. You need at least 2 variables with arrays, but 4 variables might make it easier (two of them still need arrays, the player kills and player death. Use the player number of the players to track the correct player, and you might have to throw in some arithmetic (Player number + 1) to get it in the correct position of the multiboard.

3. I believe there is a function that makes a hero learn a skill. It's either in the Hero tab (almost certainly), or the unit tab (which I doubt).

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.