• weak point

Votes: 5 45.5%
  • rain of arrows

Votes: 6 54.5%

• Total voters

mapguy

Reaction score
IGNORE THE POLL.

this is the new hero I'll add to my AOS.

Shivass, The Amazon.

her skills are listed below.

thanks for all criticism I receive before.

Each skill has a note written in blue.

after looking to the comments of everyone I decided to use those skills for my amazon:
note: the numbers of damage are just generic.

I think this will be greater ultimate
assassinate shoot - target point
the amazon aims in target direction for up to 2 seconds and then releases a shoot in high speed which deals 150 physical damage to the first enemy it encounters. Each second of aiming increases damage by 75. If the assassinate shoot hits the target from behind it deals 50% increased damage. 2000 range.
this spell has the purpose of finishing an enemy if it runs away, this is also good to provide support to an ally at a long range or to start a fight unisg it as an initial nuke.

arc strike - target point
shoots a lot of arrows in an arch knocking back enemies and dealing 75 up to 150 physical damage to them based on how close they are from the amazon. . 600 range.
this is good to damage lots of enemies at same time and this is also good to throw away melee enemies of use it to have more time to escape.

storm bolts - target point CHANNELING
shoots 4 arrows per second at high speed in target direction, each arrow hits the first enemy it encounters dealing 25 physical damage and slowing it's movement speed by 30% during 0.5 seconds. You can change the direction of the shoots without stopping the channeling. lasts 4 seconds. 1200 range.
this is a good long range nuke and also a good support fire for team fights.

this will be lesser ultimate
weak point - target enemy
For every 100 points of damage the amazon deals to the target the power of her attacks and spells increases by 5% when used against that target. Reaches a maximum of 40%. Lasts 10 seconds.
since it ouly count the bonus for the amazon this is a good skill to finish tanker heroes or healers

hunter senses - passive
the amazon can fell when an enemy approaches. gives vision of all non-invisible enemies in 2000 AOE.
aweso to prevent ambushes and to hunt down enemies before they notice you. This spell is a good synergy with assassinate shoot or storm bolts

IS my amazon better now?
comments...
please...

HeX.16

Isn't Trollin You Right Now
Reaction score
All of them are really rather borring. They are over done in every aspect.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
the 5th and 6th one are okay the other ones are rather standard 0815 skills. maybe you should not give your heroes 5 attack skills but some supportive too?

mapguy

Reaction score
because this is not a supportive hero, this is a massive damage dealer.

PLEASE, not only place a comment, VOTE in the poll too, please.

If some skill is not good I can work on it. . .

note: and the ASSASSINATE SHOOT I think it's really different from any other spell I've ever seen.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
Oo whats special about it?

and monotone heroes are just no fun to play.

mapguy

Reaction score
personally, i am annoyed if a spell DOES TOO MUCH stuff and when the tooltip is rather long and very complicated.

so you think the problem is that they do too much?

but if they do just a few, people complain that it is to simple!

and the tolltipes are not long, some of them have only 2 or 3 lines of text...

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
i dont vote in polls on principle, i think my comment did tell you which abilitys i like/dislike and its much more humanly to tell you directly instead of clicking heartless buttons.

mapguy

Reaction score
yeah, but you only told my about 2 you like, I want 5 because, THEN, I can work on these 5. if you dont like to vote, just, please, select 5 ?

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
the 4th and the last one got at least a little tactical use, the first 3 skills are merely basic abilities which repead in each game more or less often.

HeX.16

Isn't Trollin You Right Now
Reaction score
I voted for

Please make sure each arrow would atleast have different models and effects.

1 :storm bolts
2 :assassinate shoot
3 :arc strike
4: weak point
5 :explosive arrow

Ayanami

칼리
Reaction score
note: and the ASSASSINATE SHOOT I think it's really different from any other spell I've ever seen.

Just referring to DoTA (not comparing or anything so don't lash out at me), it kind of reminds me of Elune's Arrow + Windrunner's Arrow, except for the "hit from behind" part.

Well here's my comment. Even if this is a massive damage dealer, I'd say you have at least 1 passive skill or something to support your damage dealing output rather than going for 5 all-out active skills.

shiFt

Reaction score
and make sure they all the spells have custom models/tooltips/icons/sounds for awesomeness

mapguy

Reaction score
I voted for

Please make sure each arrow would atleast have different models and effects.

1 :storm bolts
2 :assassinate shoot
3 :arc strike
4: weak point
5 :explosive arrow
for sure:thup:

Just referring to DoTA (not comparing or anything so don't lash out at me), it kind of reminds me of Elune's Arrow + Windrunner's Arrow, except for the "hit from behind" part.

Well here's my comment. Even if this is a massive damage dealer, I'd say you have at least 1 passive skill or something to support your damage dealing output rather than going for 5 all-out active skills.
...ahn...
...well...
at first place...I think I haven't explained my assassinate shoot very well...
A) this is not like elunes arrow because it has no stun and it is not based on distance and it is shoot at high speed.
B) this is not windrunners arrow because it dont pierce and the channelling time is obligatory, in assassinate shoot you can release the arrow earlier.
C) if you want to make dota comparation, I would say it looks more like Ezalor's illuminate + backstab + elunes arrow (no stun).

and the part you say to have a passive skill, well, In my AOS all heroes have at least 4 active because I think passive are boring (like skeleton king, he's boring). so, If I give an passive skill to the amazon it would be just one.

The concept of my map is an AOS based on how the players can use their spells and make combos with the team. This is not an AOS that you can get a lot of damage increase items like (satanic, buryza, butterfly, basher, battle fury, assault quirass) and just order your hero to attack and hope you can kill the target because you hero has an aura that increases damage and a spell to stun.

I'm creating the AOS in a shape I like, because the main reason I'm creating it is because I'm tyred of all other AOSs I've played, so Im trying to do something really unusual, and Im pretty sure more than half of people who will play my beta version will find my game hard to learn, hard to control heroes, hard to make combos and etc...

the nightmare of my map is a hero called puppet master, it has 4 active spells and can summon up to 3 puppets. each puppet has 2 active spell, which means, 10 active spells to be used (thats a reason why players that goes in random in my map gains an increased starting gold)

and make sure they all the spells have custom models/tooltips/icons/sounds for awesomeness

I'm not going to use custom models in my map because first of they increase the weight of the map (more time to download and load). I think a map must be good because you can do good things on it, not because its full of custom models.
example: Impossible bosses I think has no custom models, and its an AWESOME map because the bosses haev awesome magics and special effects.

Ayanami

칼리
Reaction score
The reason I said Windrunner's Arrow + Elune's Arrow was because

1) Wind Runner's Arrow travels at high speed. If you were to release Windrunner's arrow before she finishes casting, it would deal less damage, which is similar to your case.
2) Elune arrows hit single target units.

Thus that's why I said Windrunner's Arrow PLUS Elune's Arrow. Hope you understand that.

You say that Passive spells are boring. However, that's an opinion. Some people prefer passive heroes, some prefer active and some, hybrid. That's all up to individual preferences. Well, it seems to you, you like active heroes. However, not everyone might think the same way. I shall not continue this talk about opinions. Might end up like your "Awesome" thread.

Dinowc

don't expect anything, prepare for everything
Reaction score
no matter which combination you use, you'll never get a good synergy between those spells...

for example, when you're casting explosion arrow, it's good to have enemies close to each other, but the knockback effect from arc strike completely ruins that

rain of arrows is the only one which has some (and a forced) synergy with other spells

it would be nice if you could be able to activate explosive/frost arrow abilities while channeling storm bolts (that would be a good synergy)

just an idea

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.