Need some SC2 Editor Help

Drunken_God

Hopes to get back into Mapmaking with SC2 :)
Reaction score
Heya guys,

I was playing around with the SC2 Editor and wanted to create a simple TD but have encountered some problems.

1) I've got a Probe as builder unit, I've set its speed to 10 and acceleration to 10, this works nice but under certain circumstances (Patrol between two near Points) my Probe just runs in circles around the target point and never reaches it (probably has something to do with turning radius).

2) I'm trying to allow my Probe to warp in Spine Crawlers, I've added the Mutate to Spine Crawler ability to the Probebuild ability, and added the button to the Command Card, where it shows up, but it doesn't show up ingame :eek:

3) I was playing around in the trigger editor and it somehow duplicated my include part in the Script which now causes the editor to show every entry in the menus twice, this is pretty annoying and I don't know how to edit the raw script file? (only how to view it)

4) I'm also not quite sure how to edit the columns in a Leaderboard, since when I sort it, I won't know where anythings is..

5) Also I can't find any tutorials (and the links in the stickied thread are down)

Thanks for your help

s3rius

Linux is only free if your time is worthless.
Reaction score
2)
You should dublicate a warp-in-x-structure ability and set it to spine crawler. Even if you get Mutate to Spine Crawler to show, your probe would turn into one just like a drone does. And I don't think you want that.

3)
That's a known bug, but I don't know of any solution.. someone got this when he added campaign dependencies. If you did that I'd re-add them and see if it helps.
You can only edit the raw script by making a new Custom Script file (like a new trigger) and write stuff into it. E.g. you can View Script, copy the relevant parts and paste it into a custom script file.
5)
http://forums.sc2mapster.com/resources/tutorials/
Sc2Mapster probably has the largest tutorial repository you can find.

You can also ask your questions there if you can't get an answer here. There's a ton of good mappers.
*cough advertisement cough*

Can't help you with the rest :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.