newbie questions

P

porpi

hello

I'm an extreme newbie. My first attempt at making a map was just last night. I havent ran into many problems yet, im finding it quite intuitive to use and obviously im just trying out the basics before confounding myself with more advanced stuff. however...

I have a couple of questions already... I've searched the forum, and indeed the web, but cant find the answer to my first conundrum...

How do I rotate a goldmine? I've tried selecting it with control held (as advised in a similar post i found on my search) but i cant select anything with ctrl held, and ive tried selecting it then holding control and moving mouse . no joy. no joy at all. ive tried double clicking to adjust its properties but that evidently isnt the way forward either.
any help would be greatly appreiciated

my second query is, should i download 1 of these upgraded editors ive seen mentioned so much on my search, or am i ok to stick with the standard one?

OK, well, thanks in advance for your help
Adios for now,
porps

Darg

Administrator
Reaction score
Actually, you can blame me for your problems cause I kinda gave out some false information (my only excuse was that I was half-asleep at the time :)). Buildings can't be rotated once they are placed, only units and some/most doodads. The only way to rotate the goldmine is by triggers.

Just make a region at the place where you want the goldmine. Then do:

event:
map intialization
condition:
[nothing]
action: [unit - create unit facing angle]
create 1 goldmine for <neutral passive> facing <whatever> degrees

so as soon as the map starts, the goldmine will be created for you facing the angle you want it to face.

P

Porps

Many thanks!

..but i fear this is only the beggining, the first of many questions i will be asking.

You lucky devils

(edit) >>> hmm, this only seems to work for the first mine, all the others face the default direction?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.